Our client is a design, build and management company that specialises in construction within remote areas.
Job Purpose: You will be acting as the main technical adviser on construction work for subcontractors, setting out, levelling and surveying the site; reviewing plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations.
- Resolving technical problems at all levels.
- Responsible for ensuring the section of works are delivered safely; to specification, budget and programme.
- Provide innovative engineering solutions to a challenging project.
- Develop construction methodologies / plans / programmes.
- Ensure efficient programme of works
- Responsibility for measurements and valuations
- Assume responsibility for setting out / dimensional control
- Ensure effective organisation of sections of work Leadership / support / guidance and management to section engineers and site engineers
- Preparation of methods and procedures supported by diagrams and sketches for Work Package Plans.
- Organise the works to maintain, so far as is reasonably practicable, a working environment that is safe and without risk to health.
- Give all project personnel under your control precise instructions on their responsibilities for correct safe working methods and ensure that they do not permit individuals to take unnecessary risks.
- Ensure the production of precise information and instructions to other project personnel in order to promote safe working methods.
- In collaboration with the QHSE Supervisor, ensure that all project personnel under your control are made aware of the safety precautions associated with their type of work through induction training, SMART briefings, tool box talks and daily workforce briefings at the start of each shift.
- Ensure that personal protective clothing and safety equipment is issued, correctly used and maintained.
- Promote and encourage safety awareness in collaboration with the QHSE Supervisor
- Ensure all materials on site are suitable, stored in line with manufacturer’s recommendations, current working practice, contract specification or project requirements
- Assist the Site Management team to update KPI’s, material reconciliation and progress reports
- Recognised qualification in Civil Engineering or Land Surveying.
- Knowledge of project HSE and QA/QC procedures
- At least 5-7 years practical site Engineering experience.
- Design & Build expertise is essential.
- Ability to successfully ensure compliance of Health & Safety legislation
- Be able to demonstrate considerable practical skills in setting out for residential ground works; being fully conversant with current surveying equipment.
A salary range of 2000-3000 usd, plus very attractive incentives.