Job Title: Construction Site Supervisor
Industry: Real Estate
Salary: 60K – 70K Gross
Our client is a leading residential service provider i.e. gated community housing.
They seek to hire a site supervisor to coordinate and control all physical aspects of the day-to-day working on construction projects to ensure safety and compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Meet operational standards by contributing construction information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying construction management system improvements
- Meets construction budget by monitoring project expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions
- Accomplishes construction project results by defining project purpose and scope; calculating resources required; establishing standards and protocols; allocating resources; scheduling and coordinating staff and sub-contractors; evaluating milestone assumptions and conclusions; resolving design problems; evaluating and implementing change orders.
- Leadership on site dealing skillfully and diplomatically by managing the requirements of a diverse range of people including Sr. management, assembly crew, clients, engineering professionals, sub-contractors etc.
- Approves construction projects by conducting inspections at critical phases; obtaining approvals from buyers.
- Prevents fines and interruptions by complying with, and enforcing, codes.
- Ensuring workmanship quality and speed remain paramount to the success of all our projects
- Dealing with the logistics of supplies
- Scheduling sequence of works, plans for construction, accountability for provision of materials
- Provide technical input regarding design, construction, or modifications as required
- Liaising and working jointly with the design team and structural detailers to implement refinements
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Establish & maintain high staff morale, model sound leadership and teamwork.
- Be an advocate for homeowners and facilitate availability of services and materials.
- Make suggestions and recommendations for repair.
- Schedule delivery of needed materials and labor requests.
- Trouble-shoot and identify construction problems; offer timely and safe solutions.
- Ensure project proceeds in a timely manner.
- Manage tool and materials inventory for each project. Ensure unused materials are accounted for and reported to the Director of Construction.
- Complete necessary reports and meet at least weekly with Construction Director to discuss construction progress.
Skills and Experience Required
- Bsc Civil / Structural Engineering
- Min 3yrs experience in a site supervisory position
- A thorough technical understanding of building construction methods
- MS Office proficiency (Word, Excel and Power-point) with excellent command of oral and written English and Kiswahili
- Possess business etiquette with a strong work ethic, high level of honesty/integrity, results oriented, ability to deliver under pressure
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Construction Site Supervisor) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 11th January 2016.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.