Are you ready to join a fast-growing start-up that is revolutionizing how peri-urban and rural customers are accessing consumer goods?
Our client is looking for an outstanding and experienced Sales Director who wants to join us in building a global consumer goods company that will enhance the lives of millions.
About our client: Our client is a for-profit, consumer goods catalog order and delivery service for the peri-urban and rural populations of the developing world.
Using mobile communication technology, the Internet and a network of Agents, we are opening up distribution to hundreds of millions of the world’s population who cannot currently conveniently access affordable goods.
About the Role:
- Recruitment & retention of high calibre sales executives in line with organizational expectations.
- Training, coaching & mentoring of existing and new team members to maintain motivation.
- Ensuring that the team meets and exceeds set targets each month.
- Conducting regular reviews and appraisals for team members.
- Drive the creation and implementation of the Company’s sales and marketing strategy.
- Ensure that appropriate structures and systems are developed to meet and exceed goals.
- Provide leadership to ensure sales targets are met.
- Ensure effective coordination and relationships with all disciplines of the organization.
- Develop a sales & marketing vision.
- Leads execution of market strategies through solution alignment and value driven activities
- Develops and manages partnerships for a specific product line if applicable.
- Develop leads, actively target and follow up clients, identify and prioritize profitable business opportunities in liaison and with the support of the Corporate.
- Define and align the go to market strategy for each product and appropriately execute a sales plan with the on ground sales team.
- Promote our client as a company in the market to ensure brand recognition and awareness
- 5-8 years of experience in direct to consumer sales, ideally bottom of the pyramid consumers
- At least 3 years’ experience successfully fully managing a sales team
- Knowledge in systems implementation and processes that make things run smoothly
- You are accustomed to working in rural areas
- Experience working with an agent network is desirable and would be advantageous
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online