Are you ready to join a fast-growing start-up that is revolutionizing how peri-urban and rural customers are accessing consumer goods?
Our client is looking for an outstanding and experienced Sales Supervisor who wants to join us in building a global consumer goods company that will enhance the lives of millions.
About our client: Our client is a for-profit, consumer goods catalog order and delivery service for the peri-urban and rural populations of the developing world.
Using mobile communication technology, the Internet and a network of Agents, we are opening up distribution to hundreds of millions of the world’s population who cannot currently conveniently access affordable goods.
About the Role:
- Developing and coaching a professional sales team that meet and exceed set targets.
- Responsible for effectively managing staff and resources allocated within the Zonal area
- Lead implementer of the adoption of effective distribution Go To Market Strategy to grow sales within the assigned Area zone
- Key leader in providing Customer/End – User Insights and Understanding
- Prepare, plan and execute sales programs aimed at market penetration, relationship building, share growth e.g. Sales promotions, Road shows etc.
- Ensure internal collaboration ,team work development and implementation of key management and sales routines
- Developing and implementing annual sales plans for Sales team.
- Managing the sales administration function, operational performance reporting, streamlining processes and systems wherever possible, and advising senior management on maximizing business relationships and creating an environment where customer service can flourish.
- Assisting in the development of the annual marketing plan, specifically advising on: realistic forecasts for each product and territory (based on historical data, market trends, competitive activity, promotional strategy and sales effort), realistic costs of operating the sales force; and sales promotion programme plans.
- Responsible for the planning, recruitment, direction, organization and control of sales representatives to accomplish specific objectives.
- Responsible for monitoring the performance of the sales team by establishing a system of reports and communications involving sales reports and cyclical sales meetings.
- Planning and implement a specific appraisal system that describes the responsibilities and performance standards for each member of the sales team, set individual territory sales and commission targets and administer the commission plan.
- Observing the performance of sales representatives in the field on a regular basis.
- 5 years of experience in direct to consumer sales, ideally bottom of the pyramid consumers
- At least 2 years’ experience successfully fully managing a sales team.
- Knowledge in systems implementation and processes that make things run smoothly
- You are accustomed to working in rural areas
- Experience working with an agent network would be advantageous
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online