University of Maryland
School of Medicine
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) is an affiliate of University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB).
UMB has a Global Health Program which is delivered through the Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) and housed by various institutes among them the Institute of Human Virology (IHV).
Since 2004, IHV has partnered with the governments of Kenya, Guyana, Haiti, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia to address each country’s growing HIV and AIDS epidemics.
The Institute has led efforts to build National Health Systems in each country via strategic international, national, and local collaborations through the design and implementation of unique education, training, and treatment programs addressing each country’s complex HIV/AIDS epidemics.
In Kenya, UMB through the Institute of Human Virology started operations in 2004 under the AIDS Relief Project consortium funded by Presidential Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through HRSA/CDC. This was the beginning of UMB’s work in Kenya which has seen implementation of 11 grants to-date.
MGIC seeks candidates for multiple positions for an anticipated $22,000, 000 health service delivery program that will support implementation and expansion of comprehensive HIV prevention, Care & Treatment programs; establish systems for quality assurance and improvement; and support strengthening of county and sub county systems for sustainable HIV service delivery.
“These positions are subject to project award and funding”
“All these positions will be based in the western region”
Continuous Quality Improvement Specialist
CQI Specialist will lead the in country evaluation team in building the capacity of service providers in improving overall quality of care and treatment programs through data collection, analysis and utilization for evidence based approaches.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in dashboard reviews and utilize project data to prioritize medical interventions.
- Provide leadership in co-ordination, planning and implementation of site capacity assessments.
- Develop needs assessment for quality improvement and oversee its implementation.
- Provide clinical preceptorship for QI trainer of trainers and develop tools for monitoring and evaluation.
- Representation and application of technical assistance in the areas of adherence, treatment support and care delivery.
- Overall co-ordination of processes and analysis of clinical outcomes for UMB-Kenya.
- Conduct pilot evaluations on patient level outcomes and facilitate operationalization of findings.
- Contribute to the design of operations research and adapt to appropriate methods and tools.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration with nationally recognized QI partners for standardized QI efforts in Health care delivery.
- Present relevant findings from QI/QA, SCA to USG partners, MOH and other relevant platforms.
- Represent organization at important Technical and Policy related stakeholder meetings.
- Work with Program Team to improve indicators, data flow, reporting processes and data use.
- Work with QI teams in clarifying objectives, developing indicators and identifying or developing tools for documentation.
- Provide leadership on implementation of Small Test of Change (STOC)/Plan Do study Act (PDSA) audit cycles.
- Develop and implement formal courses on continuous quality improvement, operations research design and methods, and program evaluation
- Diploma in clinical medicine of Nursing, a Bachelors or Masters` degree is an added advantage.
- Registration with Clinical Officer’s Board or Nursing Council.
- 3-6 years’ work experience in Quality Improvement initiatives at County, Sub- county and facility levels.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages, report writing and presentation skills.
How to Apply
If you meet the above mentioned qualifications, you are requested to send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com by January 17, 2016.
Candidates are requested to indicate the title of the position being applied on the subject line of the email.
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.