Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Summary: Our Client is in the Pharmaceuticals Industry and is looking to recruit a Control and Instrumentation Engineer
- Reporting to the maintenance head, will be in charge of Electrical Team.
- Carry out maintenance and service on all plant Instruments and control systems.
- Carry out minor and major overhauls on critical plant instruments and control systems.
- Analyzing data and sharing findings with other departments aiming to improve plant performance.
- Help to manage plant computerized maintenance system database.
- Responsible for carrying out periodic DCS, PLCs backup.
- Implement plant improvement projects without endangering any person’s safety and health.
- Generate technical reports regarding plant improvements or failure modes and share experiences.
- Interpretation of drawings and specifications.
- Provide leadership and support to electrical team during troubleshooting, major overhauls or projects.
- Provide innovative ways to improve energy management.
- Liaise with 3rd parties regarding electrical work.
- Ensure all electrical work is done as per the health and safety policies
- Bsc.in Electrical or Instrumentation and Control engineering or Diploma in Instrumentation and control or equivalent.
- Hands-on experience in power plant maintenance and operation.
- Hands-on experience in PLC control system.
- Knowledge of various instrumentation and control calibration techniques and standards.
- Ability to interpret P&I diagrams and process concepts including interlocks.
- Hands-on experience on advanced process control (APC), distributed control systems (DCS), programmable logic controllers (PLC), and supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA).
- Computer literate and able to communicate effectively.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a busy FMCG.
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by clicking on: Control and Instrumentation Engineer
Kindly include your current and expected remuneration in your resume.
Be advised, this job is open to Kenyan nationals only