Organization based in Nairobi whose core business is Leadership
Development, Management Training, Consultancy and Research services to
Churches and Church related organizations in Africa.
CORAT Africa seeks to recruit the following:
Reports To: F & B Supervisor
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be in complete charge of the areas assigned to him by the chef.
- To clean food preparation areas and cooking surfaces/areas
- To understands the importance of food and labor costs and maintains efficiency in food production.
- Consults daily with the chef regarding forecasts and special functions.
- Read food orders or receives verbal instructions as to food required.eg special diet.
- To verify that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quality.
- Use information about daily menus to help coordinate cooking times.
- Assists and supervises stations during the preparations of banquet foods buffets and menus items.
- Relieves the chef, when reasons arises or when the management see fit.
- To clean agreed designated areas, in accordance with laid-down procedures
- Attends briefings, listen carefully to instructions given by superiors concerning today’s
- service achievements. Also participate in the daily SOPs and on-the-job training to ensure you can carry out duties effectively.
- Reports immediately to superior any misunderstanding, problem, damages or accident with
- guest or staff.
- To have full knowledge of hotel safety and emergency procedures and compliance with statutory and legal requirements of fire, health and safety, hygiene, licensing and employment.
- Readily available to perform other duties which are not included in the job description.
- Ensure compliance of hotel policies and rules and department Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Certificate in a Food Production from a recognized college
- 2 years’ experience working as a cook
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge about food and presentation
- Well organized, presentable and ability to work under pressure and long hours.
and qualified candidates should forward their applications enclosing
copies of their academic and professional certificates and a detailed
C.V. with contact addresses, email and telephones of three referees.
P.O. Box 42493 – 00100
Submit your application not later than 1st Feb, 2016.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.