Organization based in Nairobi whose core business is Leadership
Development, Management Training, Consultancy and Research services to
Churches and Church related organizations in Africa.
Reports To: Hospitality Manager
Job Summary: The Housekeeper directs and maintains the housekeeping Department, in accordance with the set policies, standards and guidelines.
- Establish and implement standard operating procedures. Constantly compares staff performance to standards.
- Determines dept. priorities & goals and communicates them to all.
- Monitors all expenses prepare accurate cost comparisons for all major purchases.
- Directs the set–up of and monitors all dept. records.
- Ensures communication with other section heads is open and productive.
- Spot checks rooms for standard placement of all amenities.
- Ensures the quick and correct handling of guest requests.
- Ensure that all guest complaints are handled efficiently and politely.
- Ensures safe working habits.
- Regularly checks machinery operation, cords, plugs, etc.
- Convene daily departmental briefing.
- Motivates employees, seek out employees concerns and offers assistance.
- Personally conducts training as required and on a regular basis.
- Is personally committed to hotel vision, mission and values, and practices visible management
- Smooth running of the cleaning process in the rooms department
- Selection, employment, supervision and control of employees of the housekeeping department including laundry, guest rooms, and public areas
- Personnel planning on the basis of staffing guides established by management in accordance with the budget.
- Regular supervision of the established working methods.
- Planning of the linen requirement, guest supplies and cleaning supplies for the rooms department
- Planning of the equipment required in housekeeping
- Determining the daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning schedules for the entire rooms department.
- Cleaning and control of occupied rooms and departure rooms, public areas such as lobby, restaurants and public wash rooms.
- Aged 30 – 40years.
- Holders of a certificate in housekeeping and laundry from Kenya Utalii College or any other internationally recognized hotel training institution.
- Have not less ten (10) years’ experience, 5 years of which must be in a similar position in charge of a busy housekeeping department in a 3 or 4 star hotel.
- Extensive knowledge of housekeeping services, including a solid understanding of effective cleaning methods, equipment, and chemical use.
- Should have basic knowledge of housekeeping expenses and budgets.
- Computer literacy a must.
- KCSE grade C- or above
and qualified candidates should forward their applications enclosing
copies of their academic and professional certificates and a detailed
C.V. with contact addresses, email and telephones of three referees.
P.O. Box 42493 – 00100
Submit your application not later than 1st Feb, 2016.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.