CORAT Africa is a Pan African Christian Organization based in Nairobi.
It is involved in provision of Leadership Development, Management Training, Consultancy and Research services to Churches and Church related organizations in Africa.
CORAT Africa seeks to recruit on behalf of one of its clients a highly motivated Programmes Coordinator.
The client is a Christian Based Organization with programmes in Nairobi County.
Required Training and Skills
- Diploma in Project Management or Diploma in Community Development and Social Work
- First Degree in Project Management will be an added advantage
- Well developed skills in report writing and grants proposal writing
- Must be fully conversant with MS word and Excel
- Supervision / leadership skills with a Minimum of 5 years hands on work experience in a busy Programme Office and in a similar position.
- Flexibility in field travel to meet operational needs of the Programmes
- Ability to prepare Programmes Annual Plan of activities and Budget.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Link the Empowerment Program and the Scholarship Program with other like-minded Programmes.
- Work towards ensuring that women empowerment program and the scholarship Programmes are self-sustaining.
- Prepare annual plan and budget of the Programmes.
- Monitor and approve program expenditure ensuring that budget allocations are not overspent.
- Develop and schedule Programmes work plan in accordance with specifications and funding limitations and oversee daily operations.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial and narrative reports of the Programmes.
- Coordinate, monitor and supervise the activities of staff members in the Programmes.
- Develop and recommend new or revised Programmes goals and objectives.
- Assist in preparation of proposals for funding and / or funding continuation from outside sponsors.
- Provide technical advice to the task committee, staff members, mentorship group and others to solve problems / responding to questions relating to Programmes goals and policy.
- Organize / perform field work to ensure Programmes objectives are met and write appropriate field findings / work reports.
- Coordinate activities of women empowerment program with inter-related activities of scholarship program, to ensure optimum efficiency and compliance with appropriate policies, procedures and specifications.
- Prepare and maintain periodic reports, records, financial statements and records on women empowerment program activities scholarship activities, progress, status or other special reports for management or other authorized agencies.
- Evaluate programs effectiveness and develop strategies to improve efficiency where necessary.
- Ensure applications submitted by members of the empowerment program and scholarship program beneficiaries are in line with the policies and procedures before they are submitted to the Director for approval.
- Recruit program participants, members and volunteers utilizing most appropriate promotional / awareness methods, such as home visits, individual letters, brochures or presentations at meetings.
- Develop, compile and write communications and promotional literature for distribution such as newsletters, brochures or flyers; coordinate process from development through printing and distribution.
- Periodically update the ministry website with program activities which are of general public interest.
- Organize / conduct workshops, meetings, social days and community days for the programs.
- Interacts and maintains liaison with beneficiaries of Programmes, staff and outside community in facilitating program objectives.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their applications enclosing copies of their academic and professional certificates and a detailed C.V. with contact addresses, email and telephones of three referees.
Monthly gross salary offered for this position is between Kshs 35,000 and Kshs 45,000.
Please indicate your current and expected salary and also your current employer to the address here below.
Human Resource Officer,
P.O. Box 42493 – 00100
Submit your application not later than 4th February 2016.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.