Organization based in Nairobi whose core business is Leadership
Development, Management Training, Consultancy and Research services to
Churches and Church related organizations in Africa.
CORAT Africa seeks to recruit the following:
Position: Room Attendant
Duties and Responsibilities
- Clean all assigned guestrooms including: dusting, making beds, soiled linen removal from rooms, and retrieval of clean linen from linen closets, bathroom cleaning, inside window cleaning, replenish rooms with supplies
- Whilst cleaning the room, verify that all is in proper condition and order of functioning and reports to
- Supervisor any items that need repair
- Clean corridors and floor public areas around guest rooms assigned. Also maintain cleanliness of equipment and pantries
- Keep informed of CMDC product and service knowledge in order to answer guest questions
- Answer all guest questions/requests in a friendly and caring manner, take appropriate actions or if needed, refer the matters to the relevant persons to handle. It may be providing information, giving an
- extra item such as a towel, etc.
- Verify the physical status of room and updates Housekeeper of any discrepancies found
- Return and properly tag all lost and found articles in the Housekeeping Office
- Provide the turn down service to assigned guest rooms. It involves, but not limited to, turning down the bed, replenishing guest room and bath supplies and cleaning the bathroom if necessary. Help control
- guest and cleaning supplies to save costs
- Clean assigned guest rooms, the late check out and late service required by guests. It involves, but not limited to, making the bed, dusting the room and furniture, replenishing guest room and bath supplies, cleaning the bathroom, vacuuming the carpet
- Follow departmental policies and procedures and service standards
- Report necessary maintenance items
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies
- Any other duties that may be delegated by the management through the Housekeeper or his/her designate
- Certificate in Housekeeping and Laundry techniques from a recognized hospitality college
- Over 2 years’ experience in a 3 star property with similar capacity preferable
- Ability to use Housekeeping equipment and machines
- Concern for quality and attention to details
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment
- Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure
and qualified candidates should forward their applications enclosing
copies of their academic and professional certificates and a detailed
C.V. with contact addresses, email and telephones of three referees.
P.O. Box 42493 – 00100
Submit your application not later than 1st Feb, 2016.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.