Organization based in Nairobi whose core business is Leadership
Development, Management Training, Consultancy and Research services to
Churches and Church related organizations in Africa.
CORAT Africa seeks to recruit the following:
Duties and Responsibilities
- To clean agreed designated areas, in accordance with laid-down procedures, routines and hygiene requirements.
- To set tables to laid-down standards, ensuring that all items used are clean, undamaged and in a good state of repair. Ensuring change of table linen as required and dirty or damaged linen is counted and exchanged for clean, usable items.
- To clean tables and ensure they are cleaned as soon as it is apparent that customers have finished their food or drink with an acceptable balance between speed, yet allowing customers to finish their meal without feeling rushed.
- To serve food and beverages in accordance with laid-down standards, but above all in a professional, courteous manner.
- To ensure sideboards on stations are adequately stocked with replacement cutlery, linen or other established needs, be they food or equipment.
- To be totally familiar with the composition of all menu items.
- To take orders from customers and ensure these are given to the appropriate person to execute.
- At all times to be aware of and practise good customer relations, assisting the guest in any way which does not adversely affect other customers.
- Maximize the prompt efficiency of F&B service and ensuring guest satisfaction according to the organizations standard.
- To attend to customer complaints satisfactorily.
- Signs in and out of duty as soon as reaching or leaving hotel
- Attends briefings, listen carefully to instructions given by superiors concerning today’s service achievements. Also participate in the daily SOPs, on-the-job training to ensure you can carry out duties effectively.
- Reports immediately to superior any misunderstanding, problem, damages or accident with guest or staff.
- To have full knowledge of hotel safety and emergency procedures and compliance with statutory and legal requirements of fire, health and safety, hygiene, licensing and employment.
- Readily available to perform other duties which are not included in the job description.
- Ensure compliance of hotel policies and rules and department Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Certificate in a food and beverages sales and service from a recognized college
- 2 years’ experience working as a waiter
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge about food and food service
and qualified candidates should forward their applications enclosing
copies of their academic and professional certificates and a detailed
C.V. with contact addresses, email and telephones of three referees.
P.O. Box 42493 – 00100
Submit your application not later than 1st Feb, 2016.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.