Diakonie Emergency Aid – Regional Office Nairobi seeks to recruit a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
Logistics & Security Manager – Eastern and Southern Africa
Reporting to the Regional Director
Her/his duties will include to:
- To oversee general aspects of DKH logistics operations including Procurement, Warehousing, Asset management and Fleet management.
- Revise the Regional Office HSS Plan in line with recommendations of Diakonie HQ
- Update and disseminate security incident reports to Diakonie Staff and Diakonie HQ
- Focus on travel planning, security scanning during trips and eventual relocations/evacuations Immediately report all security-related incidents involving Diakonie staff and eligible dependents to the Regional Director
- Responsible for security monitoring, liaison with national authorities, law enforcement, UN Agencies, and NGOs to ensure a smooth flow of security information
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven Experience in the participation of HSS process in minimum one Organization. ( please refer in your application)
- Bachelor Degree in Arts, Social Sciences, Management, Business or a related Logistics & Security field. However, a diploma backed by strong relevant technical experience will also be considered
- At least 5 years relevant experience, preferably in NGO Security Management environment
- Proven experience of working in a conflict/post-conflict or crisis environment with NGOs is a must
- Must be willing and be able to travel extensively in Eastern and Southern Africa
To receive an application form, send an email to: email@example.com
Applications must include an application form, cover letter and a daytime telephone number.
The deadline for submission of applications is Friday, 5th February 2016.
All applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.