At Dotsavvy, we view our role as problem solvers – not order takers. Simply stated, we think strategically before thinking tactically.
The Role: Dotsavvy is currently looking for an Agile Digital Project Manager to manage multiple multiple client projects with outcomes that impact the continued success of our agency.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong passion and enthusiasm for quality transformational digital project management, drive innovation and the soft skills and experience to lead and manage challenging projects while mitigating risks and schedule slippage.
- Manage a broad portfolio of digital projects by establishing direction, aligning people and resources, and inspiring them to get the job done.
- Work face-to-face with clients throughout the delivery cycle, understand their problems, deliver an quality digital solutions, and ensure that customer satisfaction remains high.
- Continuously work on defining and refining the agile project management model (i.e. SCRUM) employed by Dotsavvy as our service offerings expand and our methodology continues to evolve and mature.
- Define and refine project management methodologies followed within Dotsavvy; improving the processes and driving innovation and modernization of our service delivery.
- Detailed tracking and communication of project progress from a task, time, schedule, and cost perspective.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date project plans enabling intelligent decision making by all stakeholders.
- Identify change orders, generating necessary documentation, and negotiating such change orders with the client.
- Identify risks and escalate them to relevant team members for intervention and resolution
- Un-block project issues by engaging appropriate management and resources where necessary.
- Support the professional development of your project team members – be aware of their career aspirations and provide written performance evaluations as part of our project closeout process.
- Motivate the people in your team, through strong leadership, and maintain a good pulse of your project and risk mitigations.
- Work with the account management, business development and production teams to identify, scope, and estimate additional business opportunities with your current clients.
- Work closely with our business development, account management and production teams to help close new business.
- Assist in responding to incoming RFPs, participate in strategic scoping initiatives and new business presentations/pitches, review and approve outgoing proposals.
- Ensuring that scope, budget, resources, schedule, and engagement terms are correctly modelled and that effort is always accurately estimated.
- Perform internal project audits to ensure that the project management process is being followed and organisational risk is minimised. Must be able to quickly and objectively identify key risks & mitigations on a given project already in progress.
- Provide day-to-day mentoring and oversight for team members and help them grow professionally.
- Participate in the training & ramp-up for new team members as and when required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computing sciences, engineering, business, or information technology related field of study
- Minimum 2 to 5 years of professional services consulting experience, working with external clients
- Experience having successfully rescued a major “failed” project through superior project management performance
- Minimum 2 to 5 years of applications development, digital marketing, or consulting experience, including at least 1-2 years as a team lead with a proven track record of delivering complex solutions on time
- Experience in implementing enterprise-grade digital business solutions
- Minimum 2 to 5 years of project management experience with both waterfall and agile methodologies, with a proven track record for project planning, executing, controlling and closing
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated and highly organised with solid problem solving skills.
- Diplomatic ability to influence others without having authority to do so
- Superior project management software experience
- Strong and demonstrated ability to build lasting relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to mediate disagreements competently and negotiate a win-win resolution for all parties
- Excellent ability communicating internal and external executive stakeholders
- Ideally but not mandatory experience working within a digital agency or professional services firm environment
- Ideally but not mandatory experience in managing digital projects and processes
- Ideally but not mandatory PMP and/or ScrumMaster or Agile Certification designation or working towards the same.
About Dotsavvy: Dotsavvy is a Nairobi based digital business agency focused on creating the best possible digital outcomes and ROI for our clients.