The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF), is a Global leader in the fight against Pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 15 Countries at over 5,500 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected.
In Kenya, EGPAF works in partnership with the Ministry of Health and various County Governments to support HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment.
EGPAF is mainly funded by PEPFAR through The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), The United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
EGPAF wishes to recruit for Project Officer – Health Informatics to be based in Nyanza / Western Region.
Software Design and Implementation
- Software design and development using cut edge technologies
- Interact with internal and external stakeholders to analyze and document system requirements
- Assist in internal and partner design and development projects of Information Systems
- SQL Database Administration (MySQL,SQL Server)
Health informatics and Information Systems strengthening
- Co-ordination and Support of foundation and partner health information Systems strengthening strategies using cut-edge innovative solutions e.g in e-health(EMR,HMIS) and m-health
- Co-ordination of the provision of resources and activities to enhance eHealth internally and for Partners
- Work with Stakeholders in eHealth project implementation and co-ordination at the county level
eHealth/mHealth Systems Support and administration
- Investigate, escalate and resolve eHealth/mHealth related issues and provide first level support, troubleshooting and System Testing
- Coordinating applications’ rollout, user training and providing excellent post-rollout client support via phone, internet, or in-person.
- Assist in continuous improvement of eHealth/mHealth solutions primarily through extremely keen and active monitoring and evaluation of user experience, and providing thorough and prompt feedback of the same to the team.
- Support tools that enhance management and storage of information to ensure integrity, quality and availability
Training and Capacity Building
- Support internal and partner information system training and continuous mentorship
- Ensure that program staff and partners have enough capability for operating existing and required information systems
- Participate in ensuring High level Data quality and data integrity activities
- Basic Programming skills in Java, CSS, XML, .Net (C#, ASP)
- Experience in Electronic Medical Records'(Open MRS/Kenya EMR/IQ Care) system development and/or implementation will be an added advantage
- Experience in SQL database design and administration
- Experience with server setup and maintenance (including networking and computer hardware maintenance)
- Excellent written and communication skills (English)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- System requirements’ collection, Technical and user documentation and Capacity building skills
- Experience and knowledge in the Health Sector will be an added advantage
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science ,Information Technology, Health Records and Information technology, Statistics or relevant field
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate in positive working relationships with other team members and partners
- Self-Motivated with an ability to meet tight deadlines with minimum supervision
- Knowledge and/or Aptitude to learn clinical processes ,clinical terminology and M&E Concepts
- Able to travel locally
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
The closing date is 15 January, 2016.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
EGPAF is an equal opportunity employer.
Please visit our website www.pedaids.org for more information about the Foundation