The candidate will report to the maintenance engineer and specifically handled electronics and electrical works in the following specific areas:
- Bottling or canning lines ( PET bottles or Glass Bottles )
- FFS machines mainly for powders or granulated products
- Thick viscous products filling ( PET bottles or Cans)
- Labellers and coding machines
- Proven to work with Siemens, Allen Bradley and Mitsubishi software is very key
- Must be fully versed with local and international electrical standards and regulatory issues and MUST be able to work with electrical and circuit diagrams
- Energy management with a deep understanding of energy losses, waste streams identification , best practices in electrical energy conservation, ability to initiate speedy improvements and medium term projects arising from energy audits or surveys
- Study equipment electrical diagrams and circuits ,blueprints, schematics, manuals, or other specifications to determine electrical installation procedures in line with electrical safety standards
- Strong ability to work with electro pneumatics systems especially for bottling and liquid filling lines, volumetric linear and rotary thick fluid fillers, packaging formers Shrink-wrapping machines, Form fill and seal powder machines, air systems among others
- Play a leading role in energy conservation activities/projects in line with business energy policies and cost saving measures.
- Execute energy survey and audit findings or other initiatives either self-generated or delegated
- Ably trouble shoot software related issues especially Siemens S7, Allen Bradley , Mitsubishi among others including handling programming issues
- Ability to automate operations to reduce and/ or eliminate non value adding tasks
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance, condition monitoring tasks to detect and forestall problems while escalating complex issues beyond their control to the engineer in a sustainable manner
- Not less than 4 years actively involved in maintenance work, energy management, trouble shooting and design work
- Diploma in Electrical/electronic Engineering –, HND in electrical/electronic engineering is an added advantage.
- Knowledge in TPM/Lean Sigma concepts preferred
- The potential candidate must have worked in a foods factory
Deadline for applications is on 11th January 2016
Applications to be sent by email to email@example.com marking the subject as “2007”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2007, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.
(1) cover letter describing your interest (please include your salary expectations / range)
(2) Your Resume (or CV) including references
Applications will be treated confidentially.
* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.