Human Resource Officer (Mombasa)
Our Client is an Engineering company based in Mombasa.
The HR Officer will perform complex and technically difficult human resource work, which may include supervising other human resource professionals.
Duties may involve establishing basic operating policies and procedures, coordinating a program and/or developing new or revised procedures and methods for a specialized area or areas of human resource administration such as employment, compensation, classification, employee relations, benefits and/or training.
- Hires, coaches, reviews, supervise, and terminate assigned employees, or makes effective suggestions and recommendations that are given particular weight regarding the employment status of assigned employees.
- Recommends and assists in the development and implementation of institutional human resource policies, rules, procedures and programs.
- Investigates proposed legislation related to specialized areas and makes recommendations for compliance.
- Advises departments regarding policy and rule interpretations, staffing and related personnel problems; counsel applicants and employees on human resource policies, rules and procedures.Conducts research, analysis and studies on issues and problems related to specialized functional areas and develops program proposals or recommends solutions.
- Provides advice and direction to management on the appropriate disciplinary action, including the preparation of documentation; investigates, mediates and proposes settlements of employee complaints and grievances.
- Assists in recruiting, staffing, interviewing and evaluating applicants for managerial and professional positions.
- Participates in the administration of special employment programs; monitors employment activities for compliance with institutional, and state rules, regulations and guidelines; assists with the formulation and implementation of internal office procedures.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration
AND at least 5years of professional human resources experience;
OR, Eight years’ progressively responsible human resource experience;
OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
A candidate must be well versed with industrial relations who can negotiate a CBA
Experience in a similar industry will be an added advantage.
Salary: 50,000 – 80,000
If you feel you fit the above role please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject to email@example.com