Our client is a leading global provider of elevators, escalators and related services.
They manufacture, install, service and modernize elevators, escalators and moving walks for almost every type of building requirements worldwide.
Their innovative and environmentally-friendly access and transit-management systems make an important contribution to mobility in urban societies.
They are looking to recruit an Executive Assistant to the General Manager.
The incumbent will be required to provide professional secretarial and administrative support to the General Manager and manage day to day administrative functions.
He/she will also be expected to work closely with the Sales Engineer and Finance and Administration Manager.
- Organize and maintain the GM’s diary and make appointments.
- Arrange for flawless local and international travel, accommodation and visa arrangements as well as prepare weekly and monthly travel reports.
- Develop and maintain a contact database for clients, vendors, key stakeholders, regulators, etc. and ensure that this is updated on a regular basis.
- Ensure all documents from GM’s office are professionally styled and presented in accordance with corporate standards.
- Verify all departmental /GM bills and expense claims and forward to finance for payment.
- Track imports and thus liaise with clearing agents, exporters, banks and other involved parties.
- Liaise with main contractors and customers.
- Assist in human resource administration by managing the staff records filing system.
- Ensure that all physical and electronic records including company documents are safely kept and a record of the same retained at all times.
- Arrange and coordinate corporate and staff events including conferences.
- Manage support staff and administrative corporate services providers
- Produce and distribute documents, briefing papers, corporate reports, minutes and presentations as and when needed.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum five (5) years of practical experience in a similar position; preferably in an engineering environment.
- Conversant with long term construction projects processes
- High level computer proficiency. Excel proficiency is key.
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in English and Swahili.
- Strong analysis skills, including recognizing and solving problems, without active supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills and confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal skills and positive attitude.
- Ability to work in a team and under pressure.
How to Apply:
Send your application including a cover letter indicating your desire to work with our client; a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees by close of business Thursday 11th February 2016 to:
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications.