He or she will manage the operational aspects of the factory comprising multiple production processes and ancillary operations to ensure that customer delivery and quality expectations are adequately met and wherever possible exceeded through the maximization and continuous improvement of systems and efficient utilization of materials.
- Ensuring all workers report on time and the update their cards accordingly
- Ensure that all workers carry out their duties as allocated and in an acceptable manner
- Ensure that the factory is clean and well organised
- Do production planning and shift work management so as to ensure that we don’t run out of raw materials or finished goods
- Assist in finished goods store to plan production as per orders
- To keep account of all raw materials that have been issued to production and audit the same so that no pilferage occurs
- Establish consistency in the application of operating standards and awareness/compliance
- with safety, health and environmental legislation.
- Coordinate, guide and review daily, weekly and monthly plant production, maintenance and administrative activities.
- Ensure positive employee relations through employee performance reviews and monitor personal development plan for direct reports.
- Facilitate and coordinate activities with other departments and functions.
- Support communication/negotiations with suppliers, contractors, customers and
- stakeholders to ensure alignment to the plant objectives.
- Ensure accurate, timely, and efficient operation of shipping warehouse. Coordinate with transportation, sales, and others as needed to meet needs of customer orders.
- Contributes to the development of budgets and cost controls.
- Provide for the development, prioritization and execution of capital improvement projects within the facility.
- Perform any other assigned tasks.
- Should be computer literate
- Good in mathematics
- Should have a strong personality as will be managing more than 30 people
- Should have some knowledge in manufacturing process flow
- Proven working experience as a factory manager
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
How to apply
Qualified candidates to send their CV to email@example.com on or before 22nd January, 2016