Job Title: Factory Manager
Reference: FM 2016
Recruiter: Stratostaff East Africa
Location: Muranga, Kenya
Profile Introduction: Our client, a leading manufacturer of concrete poles that are sustainable and environmental friendly seeks to recruit a Factory Manager.
Overall purpose of the role is to: Oversee the operations of the factory to ensure quality standards for products are achieved using the most efficient and effective utilization of company resources to enable maximum productivity.
Qualifications / Requirements
- 7 years progressive experience in a key leadership / management role at a manufacturing facility or hands-on management experience on construction sites;
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering / Bachelor Degree in Operations / Industrial Management;
- Ability to balance production and maintenance needs;
- Previous experience and broad understanding of safety systems and enforcement of safety rules and policies;
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles and applications associated with manufacturing operations, maintenance and engineering;
- Previous experience/strong understanding of budgeting/expense management with a basic understanding of financial and accounting practices.
- Provide leadership for the successful day-to-day operation of the facility so as to ensure that production targets are met with minimal interruption;
- Optimise factory organisation structure with relevant departments and teams to eliminate inefficiency due to disorganization;
- Establish and review production schedules to ensure inventory levels are met while operating at the highest efficiency possible;
- Coordinate the training of all manufacturing personnel and prepare appropriate work plans to ensure optimal resource allocation to achieve set targets;
- Monitor operation expenses and research ways to reduce costs while maintaining product quality;
- Planning for raw materials and work preparation to ensure minimal waste;
- Diagnosis of any plant/machinery malfunction and preventive maintenance ensuring minimum downtime;
- Control of machine downtime, detailed downtime analysis and ensuring optimal production;
- Achieving production and delivery targets;
- Supervising Quality Control personnel to ensure testing of raw materials and finished products through coordination with both in-house and other relevant laboratories;
- Supervising the testing of the poles and ensure that they meet specifications: KS 1933 and KPLC Technical Specifications;
- Ensuring safety procedures/operations are in place;
- Stock Yard management including loading and offloading procedures to ensure minimal damages.
- Highly motivated, results oriented and self-driven
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Attention to details
- Ability to prioritize work and properly manage time
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Able to work effectively and efficiently
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet production deadlines and set out targets
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge send your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com by 11th February 2016.
Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.