Our client is a new is a commercial farming and food production entity with interests in Embu.
Job Purpose: To ensure sustainable growth of the framing enterprises in a cost optimized way in line with corporate strategy.
In addition the successful candidate will be a business minded individual who can look at the farm as a business and run it profitably.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To promote maximum production of all farming enterprises by employing suitable farming practices and modern techniques
- Ensuring productive and engaged production team by employing suitable and acceptable human resources practices
- To ensure optimum availability of both farm machinery /equipment and structures by employing suitable maintenance practices and/or their modernization
- To ensure attainment of plans that support strategic direction by developing, implementing and evaluation of the business plans, operating budgets and strategic plans from time to time
- To ensure maximum cost of production through proper management, custody and optimal utilization of all company’s resources
- To safeguard both company’s physical and intangible assets by instituting proper internal control systems and procedures
- To ensure the Directors are informed on the farm’s performance through provision of quality periodic reports
- Improving the company’s image through representing the management in meetings, participating in provision of corporate social responsibility and building relationships with the surrounding community and peer organizations
- To ensure proper management of the company’s projects through carrying out their monitoring and evaluation
- To drive the organization’s culture change agenda by instilling the core values of honesty, integrity, transparency, accountability and good corporate governance practices
- Carry out any other roles assigned by the directors from time to time
- Bachelors degree or Diploma in Agriculture/farm management/animal production
- Must have been a General Manager of a farm for at least 5 years
- Analytical with attention to detail
- Strong people management and motivational skills
- Proven financial and leadership skills
- Good organizational, communication, inter-personal, cross-culture and team skills
- Well developed problem solving and decision making skills
- Be able to carry out effective multitasking
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.