Job Title: General Manager
Line Manager: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Type of Contract: Full time, Permanent
The Company: Farsight Africa Group is a leading full-service Pan-African communications company that delivers impactful solutions to companies, governments, development organizations and individuals across East Africa.
Farsight Africa works in complex and challenging environments that demand a comprehensive understanding of local cultures, indigenous communication practices and relationships with stakeholders, at both the grassroots and national level.
The firm has leveraged its unique specialist skills and networks to deliver integrated communication solutions for numerous high-profile clients, including the African Union Mission to Somalia, the U.S. Embassy in Nairobi, Hormuud Telecom, the United Nations Political Office for Somalia, Salaam Africa Bank, and the Office of the Prime Minister of the Transitional Federal Government of Somalia.
Farsight Africa Group is currently looking for a General Manager based in Nairobi with the following five areas of responsibility:
Strategy and Planning
- Developing and setting up the company’s annual business strategy and targets in line with Farsight Africa business and brand strategy
- Coordinate efforts by establishing procurement, production, marketing, field, and technical services policies and practices; coordinating actions with corporate staff.
- Provision of quarterly performance updates to the senior management team
Business Development and Marketing
- Leading the company’s marketing efforts to build our profile across Kenya and the East African region and beyond including but not limited to; building strategic partnerships with other organisations and hosting and attending networking events, joining professional bodies
- Playing a lead role in new business drive through identification and pursuing of opportunities and leading pitch teams when presenting to potential clients
- Leading the team in bid management across all sectors: Private, government, non- governmental, aid agencies, donors among others
- Identification and conversion of opportunities to expand and develop business with existing clients
- Grow and retain existing mandates
Key Accounts Direction / Client Service
- Providing strong direction for retained and project based client assignments, especially in sensitive and crisis situations
- Leading account teams and ensuring appropriate resourcing in line with budgets
- Ensuring strong, sustainable and profitable client relationships
- Build company image by collaborating with clients and employees; enforcing ethical business practices.
Talent Acquisition and Management
- Recruiting, orienting, training, coaching and counseling the Farsight Group employees
- Communicating values, strategies, and company objectives
- Leading and inspiring the team to deliver high performance and drive a culture of continuous learning, innovation and collaboration
- Conducting monthly staff productivity analysis to ensure productivity from all staff Financial Management
- Manage competitive cost base and ensure healthy cash flow for the business ensuring year on year growth
- Establish plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections
- Ensure profitability of accounts
- Masters degree in Management preferably strategic management, communication or related field
- Six years working experience in business management or similar position
- Strong business development skills and ability to manage a sales pipeline in line with targets
- Strong consulting and crisis communications skills, robust project management skills, disciplined analytical thinking and effective management and team working style
- Outstanding presentation, written and verbal communications skills
- Capability to build and manage complex and sensitive stakeholder relationships and delivering a high level service to clients
- Proven track record of setting up strategies and growing a business’ P&L
- A self-starter and able to work with little supervision
- Dynamic, driven, determined and agile
- A world view, open to learning and new experiences
Applications should be sent to email@example.com with the subject “General Manager” on or before 25th January 2016.