Job Title: Field Sales Manager
Location: Nairobi (with a lot of travel to the regions)
Department: Sales & Marketing
Position reports to: National Sales Manager
Job Purpose Summary: Managing sales to GROW business in the field by improving sales and promotions nationally.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities (the most important end results you are expected to achieve)
- Increase sales coverage area, strengthen presence and grow business in the General Trade (G.T).
- New business development. Entering into new markets and generating innovative ideas to capitalize on them.
- Drive trade promotional activities to grow business by issuing profitable accounts, control of selling, administration costs and other approved accounts such as rebates, discounts, merchandising fees, advertising allowance e.t.c.
- Assist to search for ways to increase the company’s products exposure – management of stores, within reasonable stock holding depending on SKU and period to the customers and consumer in the proper mix in the right channel.
- Provide regular reporting and analysis of sales opportunities, monitor regional sales representative performance and activities across sales and business development, developing customer and competitors’ activities and market trends.
- Work closely with other departments and cross functional teams to review progress, resolve issues and ensure high level of customer satisfaction during sales engagement.
- Sales Business Processes: Ensure the sales team nurture consistent sales process, policies, and rules of engagement and enforce these processes through sales administration.
- Training: educating sales team about FMCG sales process and tools: coordinate training initiatives and delivery for sales teams as well as motivating the team and recommend strategies to address areas of weakness.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A graduate from recognized university with a degree in business related fields.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in fast moving consumer goods.
- Some proven managerial skills and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to define, refine and implement sales processes, procedures and policies
- Expertise with all phases of the sales and business development lifecycle. (Prior sales experience preferred)
- Experience managing personnel and contributing toward the development of department strategy
- Prior experience working with fast growing/emerging organizations.
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills; ability to determine trends and propose solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Proficient computer skills: Microsoft office
- Works well under pressure; flexible and adaptable
- Resourceful, Hard-working and energetic
- A clean driving license is essential.
- Be willing to travel in the region.
Key Success Factors
- Meet sales performance targets.
- On time performance, work ethic and quality of the Sales Team.
- Accurate forecasts, updates and requested reports to the National Sales Manager
- Mentoring of direct reports and peers
- Effective merchandizing in all the outlets
- Availability of product(s) in all outlets – no stock outs
- A motivated sales team
We are offering an exciting career opportunity in an FMCG manufacturing industry.
If you think you are the right candidate for this position, kindly send your CV and Cover letter with 3 referees, current and expected salary and a daytime contact not later than 15th January 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org.