Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design & implement key financial management controls, policies & procedures
- Keep up-to-date chart of accounts using online accounting systems (Quickbooks Online)
- Financial analysis and reporting, including budgeting, monitoring and making projections
- Prepare annual and monthly reports for management & funders (i.e., grant management)
- Ensure ongoing compliance with key regulatory bodies & managing external auditors
- Drive the HR agenda including recruiting, onboarding, compensation & performance mgmt.
- Oversee general office management including maintaining company filing system & logistics
- Manage & mentor 1-2 junior staff members to support you in finance & admin activities
- Support & contribute to key management decisions & strategy discussions
- Degree or Diploma in Financial Management or Accounting (CPA Preferred)
- Demonstrated knowledge of both for-profit & non-profit accounting methods a strong asset
- Additional training in Human Resources, Business Administration, or IT valuable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) and with Quickbooks or Uhasibu
- 2-5 years of hands-on work experience in a comparable role (for-profit or non-profit)
- Experience working in a start-up environment a strong asset
- Familiarity with Kenyan regulations and practices, especially in finance & human resources
- Experience in cross-border accounting & tax systems an asset
- Work well both within a team & individually (with minimal supervision)
- Organized and analytical professional, but with a sense of humour J
- Integrity & curiosity with an appetite to “learn by doing”
- Project management skills & the initiative to solve problems when you see them
- A multi-tasker with excellent communication skills with the ability to prioritize & take charge
- Ability to manage & mentor junior staff members, including as a direct supervisor
Applications to be sent by email to email@example.com marking the subject as “1931”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 1931, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.
(1) cover letter describing your interest (please include your salary expectations / range)
(2) Your Resume (or CV) including references
Applications will be treated confidentially. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 15th January 2016
N.B.* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.