Our client is looking for a Finance and Administration Manager (FAM) that will oversee all finances and financial processes for a consumer solar electronic startup.
Candidates must be based in / willing to relocate to Nairobi, Kenya with occasional international travel.
Candidate will report to the company’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and work directly with the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and the Finance Manager (FM).
Specifically, the FAM will be responsible for maintaining our client’s accounting, bookkeeping and managing all financial transactions.
Also he/she will be working directly with the FM to update budgets and expenses as well as full financial reporting.
The list of responsibilities includes, but is not limited to:
- Updating all the budgets to provide full financial information as it is made available and tracking it against our client’s projections
- Finalizing monthly/annual operating budgets with FM; specifically updating budgets with actual financial information and comparing to projections that are made
- Preparing all monthly and quarterly financial reports (BS, IS, CFS among others) that will be reviewed by FM
- Making sure all of our client’s’s book-keeping is kept up to date including
- Monitoring all cash flow (AP/AR and all banking) activities
- Expenses are accounted for and reimbursed
- Management accounts
- Tax filings and payroll
- Creating consistency and maintaining financial controls across the entire supply chain
- Gaining a full understanding of our accounting system- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and being able to train other employees to follow all internal financial procedures on ERP
- Conducting quarterly internal audits for our client’s
- Leading tax filings and audit processes with external vendors
- Managing the following general responsibilities for your potential team of staff and third party service providers:
- Raising and processing client invoices
- Ensuring compliance with payroll and statutory payments
- Ensuring bank records are reconciled on a monthly basis
Role Requirements :
- Business degree and/or CPA (MBA is a plus)
- 4+ years’ experience in consulting and/or internal finance (Finance Manager, Senior Accountant, CPA, controller, treasurer), preferably for an international company with multiple offices
- Ability to handle accounting software and manage accounting reporting (BS, P&L, CFS) requirements
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks at once in a fast-paced work environment
- Experience in day-to-day finance operations
- Experience in financial strategy formation and implementation
- Experience interacting with executive staff and external partners
- Previous work with startups and supply chain management a plus
How to Apply:
CLICK HERE to apply online
Do not apply if you do not meet the minimum requirements
Please note that due to higher number of applications, if you do not hear from other within 3 weeks, consider yourself unsuccessful, However, we shall keep your CV in our database for other future openings.