Job Title: FMCG Demand Planner
Salary Range: 140K
Our client is a leading multinational company in the manufacturing sector. They seek to hire a well experienced and dynamic individual to fill in the role of a Demand Planner.
Role Purpose: The Demand Planning position is responsible for all forecasting activities associated with customers and products.
The incumbent creates and maintains forecast models for all customers, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, finance, retailer replenishment analysts, and other sources.
The incumbent is the supply chain integration point into the sales and commercial organization
- Develop demand forecasts (baseline forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for a twenty four months horizon as part of a demand planning function.
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.
- Interact with sales, marketing, and commercial controlling to understand demand forecast drivers.
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales, Marketing and commercial controlling to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts.
- Steer the sales & operations planning meetings and confer to the executive management to forecasting assumptions, analysis and decisions.
- Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
- Closely coordinate and communicate customer action plans with supply planning.
- Review and assess risks to demand and supply variability and identify opportunities to mitigate the risks.
- Prepare reports and statistics related to demand planning/forecasting function.
- Track and evaluate forecast accuracy and bias on different horizons to assess the effectiveness of the forecasting process.
Skills and Qualifications Desired:
- Relevant University degree with a minimum 4 years’ experience in demand planning.
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting / forecasting methods.
- Knowledge of SAP/APO is preferred.
- Experience in other software packages including Windows, and Microsoft Office is a must.
- Strong analytical, organizational, decision making and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good facilitation skills
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (FMCG Demand Planner) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Thursday 11th February, 2016
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.