Job Title: FMCG Trade Analyst
Salary Range: Competitive based on experience
Our client is a leading multinational company in manufacturing sector.
They seek to hire a dynamic and results oriented individual to fill the role of a Trade Analyst.
- To develop detailed plans for promotions in line with the marketing and business strategy.
- To identify and leverage strategic planning and managing marketing campaigns to promote company products in order to gain competitive advantage
- To enrich the execution of Brand/Product Marketing strategies in own area of responsibility through an in-depth understanding and analysis of the Categories in which they exist
- Create comprehensive marketing and promotions strategy for the D2C (direct to customer) channels through collaboration with Channel Leaders and other team members.
- Define the strategic focus, needs, tactics, and investment necessary to ensure effective campaigns, delivering sales targets, and customer loyalty.
- Develop and ensure proper, cost-effective execution, and project management of tactical marketing programs, grassroots initiatives, trade and events, promotions and related collateral that contribute to building brand awareness and support channel goals. Develop respective project timelines and manage deliverables against marketing calendar(s).
- Track, analyze, and report Direct Channel marketing results on a timely basis to include success of Price discounts, gift with purchase promotions, discount vouchers promotions and other types of outreach and awareness initiatives to identify correlations between campaign goals and return on investment (ROI); interpret analysis and make recommendations to management.
- Develop and maintain benchmarks that will determine program success as a result of ongoing analysis; utilize benchmarks to develop tactical programs and forecast results.
- Ensure brand equity is maintained and in accordance with the company standards; ensure all programming communicates a consistent image that is compatible with the brand positioning strategy.
- Coordinate and communicate promotional and marketing program plans to D2C team, in alignment with key D2C channel specific campaign dates, and overall D2C Marketing plans.
- Develop and maintain a solid database of external contacts that can provide timely and cost effective marketing, collateral, and program development.
- Own the P&L responsibilities for marketing, promotions and traffic generating programs.
- Partner with the development of the annual budgets; ensure maximum cost efficiencies and balanced spending are consistently achieved; track and ensure accurate budget forecasting.
- Responsible for overseeing channel sampling budgets and promotional goals while predicting and monitoring redemption rates to ensure controlled spending. Make recommendations to optimize sampling budgets and results.
Additional operational responsibilities
- Should Work alongside brands team to incorporate brand related promotions
- Responsible for campaign development ( developing creative themes around promotions )
- Responsible for Campaign communications- (should ensure that sales teams and retailers are aware of the campaign, communicate campaign details.
- Responsible for post management activities of all promotions ( Cost review is carried out against the original campaign budgets and estimate the return on the campaign in terms of increased sales or product awareness
- Responsible for working with external agencies for the actualization of all promotions
- Responsible for developing promotional tools relevant to tailored activities
Skills and Qualifications Desired:
- Business/Marketing-related Degree from a reputable University
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience within a similar role (doing financial analysis of Sales/Marketing activities)
- Highly analytically minded who enjoys working with numbers
- Well organized with good attention to detail
- Great team player
- Able to work autonomously and work cross functionally
- Good communication and Presentation skills
- Commercially minded
- Assertive & form in managing Agencies but able to build effective & healthy working relationships
- Good IT literacy (knowledge of IRI/TNS/Nielsen consumer research systems is a distinct advantage)
- Relevant market /category knowledge
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (FMCG Trade Analyst) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 15th January, 2016
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.