Vacancy: Program Accountant
International Development Organisation
The Fred Hollows Foundation Kenya Nairobi office
Come and join our international development organisation where we are working to eradicate avoidable blindness and are committed to working with partners to bring about change that is sustainable and reaches even the most vulnerable communities.
Founded in 1992, The Fred Hollows Foundation has been a driving force in the development and implementation of blindness prevention programs in some of the poorest and most isolated regions in the world.
Currently operating in 25 countries throughout Africa, Australia, South Asia,
Middle East and East Asia, The Foundation is working to end avoidable blindness.
Reporting to the Finance and Administration Manager, you will promote financial stewardship, accountability, reliability and accuracy of financial reports and ensure effective resource acquisition, utilization and safe guarding of The Fred Hollows Foundation partnership assets.
Previous experience in a busy setting working with NGO partner organizations, donor financial management and use of the SUN accounting system is important.
Essential criteria includes:
- CPA(K) or ACCA certified
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or business.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a busy organization in mid-level professional finance role
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy, including experience in word processing, spread-sheets and accounting software
- Ability to work well with others under pressure and respond to changes in priorities.
- A person of Integrity
- Ability to travel to remote resource scarce and insecure areas.
- Preparedness to undergo a police check for working with children
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
This is an exciting time to join The Fred Hollows Foundation Kenya as we seek to deliver even greater impact and enhance our ability to accomplish our vision.
CLICK HERE to download a detailed job description
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online. Include your resume and cover letter addressing all areas expressed in the ‘experience, skills & attributes’ section of the Job Description as well as details of your current and expected salary.
For further information please contact Beatrice Omwanda, Finance & Admin Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 5pm EAT 2nd February 2016.
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas where we work.
Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child safe environment.