Our client, a French Multinational is among the Fortune Global 500 companies, is looking to hire an Information and Technology (IT) and Operations Manager for its Kenya Operations.
The company, a major international player in Employee Benefits, Incentive and Recognition Programs and Public Benefits Solutions, is opening a new subsidiary in Kenya and currently operates in 80 countries worldwide and has over 400,000 employees.
The IT and Operations Manager will have the overall responsibility of providing technology vision and leadership in the development and implementation of the company wide IT program.
The IT and Operations Manager will lead the company in planning and implementing enterprise information systems to support both distributed and centralized business operations and achieve more effective and cost beneficial enterprise-wide IT operations.
The IT and Operations Manager will specifically be responsible for:
- Defining and implementing together with other board members the strategy of the company;
- Monitoring marketplace developments and recommending new development directions;
- Developing and implementing an IT and Operations strategy coherent with the company’s strategy;
- Recruiting and managing an IT and Operations team;
- Managing the team in a “start-up” spirit (multitasking organization, team building activities, day to day motivation e.t.c.);
- Identifying and developing new talent;
- Overseeing order processing, accounts loading, delivery, reports production on accounts usage, invoicing, accounts procedure set-up and follow-up;
- Overseeing processing and authorization of transactions and respective invoicing;
- Following-up and avoiding of frauds;
- Providing physical safety and process continuity;
- Organizing and supervising inbound/outbound calls;
- Ensuring the reliability, safety and continuity of IT and operational systems
Preparing and managing the department’s budget through:
- Developing the costs-and-expenses budget;
- Developing the CAPEX budget, if planned for the period budgeted; and
- Approving expenses from the department’s costs-and-expenses budget.
- Managing/sponsoring projects in his/her subordinated specialised area; and
- Managing and coordinating relationships with external vendors including platform developers, equipment providers, IT and Telco’s specialists.
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science or any other relevant field;
- Minimum five (5) years professional experience with at least two (2) years in senior management;
- Experience in the management of operations and customer service is an added advantage;
- Knowledge of the of the mobile payment industry, business and legal factors;
- Extensive expert knowledge of IT, telecommunications and electronic transaction support systems (including card systems), excellent knowledge of Ms Office package and experience with ERP system;
- Familiarity with local and wide area network design, implementation, and operation;
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex issues, both logical and interpersonal;
- Effective verbal and written communications skills and effective presentation skills;
- Ability to negotiate and defuse conflict;
- Be a self-motivator, independent, cooperative, flexible and creative.
Comprehensive knowledge of:
- Data processing methods and procedures, and computer software systems;
- Systems design and development process, including requirements analysis, feasibility studies, software design, programming, pilot testing, installation, evaluation and operational management;
- Business process analysis and redesign;
- Negotiating with vendors, contractors, and others; and
- Budget preparation and monitoring.
How to Apply
If you qualify for this position based on the criteria listed above, please send your cv and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only qualified candidates shall be contacted