Job Title: Office Assistant
Reports to: Office Manager
Location: Kisumu / Kendu Bay
Opening Date: 1st February 2016
Summary: GiveDirectly is an NGO that provides direct, unconditional cash transfers to the extreme poor.
- Helps maintain a clean, hygienic,
- Organized and positive office environment.
- Provide administrative and clerical support to others in the office.
- Minimum of Form Four Certificate
- Certificate in Computer applications or its equivalent
- Certificate in Business Administration or related field will be an added advantage
- At least 1year relevant experience in a busy work environment
Skills and Behaviour
- Empathy, honesty, and the highest standards of integrity
- Strong interest in advancing the distinctive values and mission of GiveDirectly
- Time management and multitasking
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills especially English and Kiswahili
- Proactive attitude, identifying and finding ways to solve problems without guidance
- Proven ability to handle challenging work load
- Cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity;
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Clean all floors daily by sweeping and mopping
- Empty office dustbins daily and dispose of all refuse appropriately for collection
- Check bathrooms/toilets twice a day and clean accordingly.
- Dust office furniture at least weekly, taking care not to disorganise documents on desks
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors at least quarterly on a rotational basis.
- Store all cleaning equipment and products neatly in the designated cupboards
- Identify and report possible repairs.
- Conduct a weekly stock check to ensure adequate stocks of cleaning materials, hygiene supplies and kitchen items such as tea / coffee etc.
- Replenish consumable items if required
- Deliver and pick up office items or documents
- Assist Office Manager with Organization and distribution of field equipment to field teams
- Print, Photocopy, and scan office documents as needed
- Data entry of hand-written documents into MS word or excel
- Undertake any other reasonable duties within the overall functions of the job
Remuneration: 13,000 – 18,000/= Kes per month.
Terms of Employment: Three (3) months probation followed by the possibility of a six month to one-year contract.
How to Apply
Applications should include a Cover Letter(Indicate the vacancy number) and Current Curriculum Vitae with 3 references, daytime phone number(s), email address, your scores or grades and other measures of academic achievement, and details about any relevant work experience.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via https://givedirectly.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0hkz4
Deadline to apply: 20th January, 2015.
Applicants are encouraged to apply early, as applications will be reviewed on a ROLLING BASIS.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
More information about us is available at: http://www.givedirectly.org.