Our Client is in the services industry currently recruiting the Head of Finance
The Head of Finance will be a strategic thought-partner, and report to the MD
The successful candidate will be a hands-on and participative senior manager and will lead and develop an internal team to support the following areas: finance, business planning, budgeting and administration.
The Head of Finance will play a critical role in partnering with the senior management team in strategic decision making.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsibility for the development and preparation of financial reports and presentation to the BOD
- Responsibility for the financial systems and policies
- Cash Flow management
- Payroll management
- Establishment and implementation of internal financial controls
- Responsibility for Bank liaison and relationship
- Management of all debtors and creditors.
- Preparation of company budgets
- Working with the project office for the Financial Project Management planning and accounting including financial performance of individual projects. This includes WIP/deferred revenue management.
- Responsibility of annual financial audit in conjunction with company auditors
- Oversight and direct management of internal financial controls
- Responsibility for compliance to company laws
- Day to day management of company support team including HR reviews and development.
- Management of all office resources
- Responsible for company-wide insurance matters
- Provision of, and liaison with external professional services (legal & financial)
- Responsibility for procurement & supplier liaison
- Responsibility for logistical support matters
- Honours degree
- 8-10 years work experience
- 5+ years post qualification experience
- Good understanding of accounting practices & related software
- Good understanding and experiences in systems including ERP and CRMs / Microsoft Navision experience is an advantage.
- Technical curiosity especially of data management systems
- Good knowledge of National tax legislation including international business
- Good working knowledge of East Africa
- Advance Excel knowledge and good IT skills
- Must have Project Accounting experience including Work in Progress/Deferred Revenue accounting
- Good delegator
- Good interpersonal & communication skills inc. report presentation
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong “Policing” skills
If you feel you fit the above role, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject to firstname.lastname@example.org