Job Ref.: BCU-261644
Dept: Directorate of Operations
Reports to: Executive Director
Role Definition: To initiate, develop and monitor the implementation of systems, policies and procedures for managing the HR and operational issues in line with Baylor Uganda’s mission
- Review and approve policies from the HR, IT and Administration Departments, then present them to the Top management team for final approval in line with Baylor-Uganda’s mission
- Identify potential areas of funding for operational activities and develop fundable & research proposals to support the functionality of the operational directorate in line with Baylor-Uganda’s mission
- Review and approve financial operational forms or cheques in the absence of the Executive Director or when mandated by the Executive Director in line with Baylor-Uganda financial guidelines
- Perform Administrative and Management functions as assigned by the Executive Director, like approval of external contracts, new staff offer letters, staff contracts, in line with Baylor-Uganda’s mission.
- Review monthly performance reports of HR, IT and administration departments and make quarterly and annual recommendations to the ED then conduct quarterly lessons learnt meetings with the respective managers to improve the Directorate’s performance in line with Baylor-Uganda’s mission.
- Develop and monitor the implementation of the Directorate work plans and budgets in line with Baylor-Uganda financial policy and Baylor-Uganda’s mission.
- Develop and monitor the implementation of ‘3 or 5 years operation strategy’ for the directorate based on holistic strategic thinking through developed periodic Directorate BSCs for various programs for sustainability/continuity in line with Baylor-Uganda strategic plan
- Monitor the monthly and quarterly performance of the various programs in the directorate and make recommendable measures including monthly and quarterly BSC targets to strengthen their functionality then periodically report on the Directorate performance in line with Directorate operation strategy
- Develop and maintain a competent & motivated “team of Managers” through implementing HR support activities in line with the Human resources manual.
- Develop and maintain partnerships and networks with key actors/stakeholders for operational development in line with Baylor-Uganda PR, networking and advocacy policy
The job holder should have;
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field or MBA with a related management back ground
- The candidate must have at least ten (10) years of senior management experience in Operations Management, ideally in the NGO or private sector.
- Experience in project management of engineering works or management of large, multi-site facilities would be a significant advantage
- Practical knowledge of service and repair requirements for machinery, equipment and vehicles; plus project planning & management principles; and human resource management.
- Have Key personal competences in Team and communication skills, networking and partnership skills.
- Must be dynamic, Persuasive &convincing, self- motivated and able to demonstrate high initiative.
If you meet the above criteria, send your CV and a cover letter that clearly explains your suitability for the role; with 3 referees to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject of the email should be the title of the POSITION APPLIED FOR + JOB REF)
If you are not interested in this opportunity today, please refer any friend or colleague you know that might suit the required profile.
Applications NOT MEETING minimum requirements will not be considered.
Note: We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews