The Heritage Insurance Company (K) Ltd is a member of Liberty and a leading insurance Company with a legacy of providing superior services to a wide spectrum of clients since 1976.
We have also received AA- rating, the highest international rating awarded to a Kenyan insurer.
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced individual to fill in the position of a
Deputy Manager – Claims Retail
Reporting To: Senior Manager – Claims
Main Purpose of the Job: To effectively co-ordinate the Retail Claims section by ensuring efficient and accurate work flow within the section and to ensure standards of claims service and overall productivity are achieved in contribution towards the mission and vision of the company.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- To organize and supervise the work of the section, to ensure new claims are promptly opened and settled in accordance to set targets
- All correspondence received should be acted on promptly to ensure set standards are maintained.
- Process claims within the delegated authority.
- Ensure that all complaints received from internal and external sources are attended to in accordance with the complaints handling procedure.
- Ensure continuous accuracy of reserves.
- Manage and monitor the diary system to ensure files are up-to-date.
- To recommend appointment of service providers.
- Review of service providers on an ongoing basis to ensure they comply with Service Level Agreements.
- To prepare claims reports on the performance of the Retail section.
- Be in liaison with other sections in the company and maintain open communication with claims staff on the company objectives.
- Training staff on the job to facilitate the achievement of the standards.
- To inform the Senior Manager –claims on matters affecting the company objectives.
- Maintain proper standards of discipline.
Key Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Personal Competencies
- A Bachelor of Commerce or a Business related degree from a recognized University
- A relevant Masters degree will be an added advantage
- A relevant professional qualification e.g. ACII, AIIK
- At least Six (6) years in a busy and relevant environment
- At least Two (2) years in a managerial position
- Must have sound interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be a good listener with excellent customer relation skills
- Must be a team player
- Must be self motivated
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize (ability to work within strict deadlines)
If you believe you are the right candidate, please email your application and C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 29th January 2016