Our Client is high end restaurant currently recruiting Chefs.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible food production
- Develop menus, food purchase specifications and recipes. Supervise staff. Develop and monitor food and labour budget for the department.
- Maintain highest professional food quality and sanitation standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans menus
- Schedules and coordinates the work of , cooks and other kitchen employees to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct and within budgeted labour cost goals.
- Approves the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies.
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
- Establishes controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
- Safeguards all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles.
- Develops standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs; exercises portion control for all items served and assists in establishing menu selling prices.
- Prepares necessary data for applicable parts of the budget; projects annual food, labour and other costs and monitors actual financial results; takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that financial goals are met.
- Attends food and beverage staff and management meetings
- Support safe work habits and a safe working environment at all times.
- Perform other duties as directed
- A diploma or Certificate in Food Production from a recognized College
- At least 4 Years Experience in a well established organisation
If you feel you fit the above role, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject to firstname.lastname@example.org