Our Client is a Horticultural Farm,currently recruiting a Farm Manager.
The roles would include
- Tour work areas to observe work being done, to inspect crops, and to evaluate plant and soil conditions.
- Inspect facilities and equipment for signs of disrepair, and perform necessary maintenance work.
- Explain and enforce safety regulations and policies.
- Identify plants as well as problems such as diseases, weeds, and insect pests.
- Coordinate clerical, record keeping, inventory, requisitioning, and marketing activities.
- Determine plant growing conditions, such as greenhouses, hydroponics, or natural settings, and set planting and care schedules.
- Assign work schedules and duties to nursery or greenhouse staff, and supervise their work.
- Manage nurseries that grow horticultural plants for sale to trade or retail customers, for display or exhibition, or for research.
- Hire employees, and train them in gardening techniques.
- Apply pesticides and fertilizers to plants.
- Prepare soil for planting, and plant or transplant seeds, bulbs, and cuttings.
- Determine types and quantities of horticultural plants to be grown, based on budgets, projected sales volumes, and/or executive directives.
- Select and purchase seeds, plant nutrients, disease control chemicals, and garden and lawn care equipment.
- Provide information to customers on the care of trees, shrubs, flowers, plants, and lawns.
- Position and regulate plant irrigation systems, and program environmental and irrigation control computers.
- Cut and prune trees, shrubs, flowers, and plants.
- Confer with horticultural personnel in order to plan facility renovations or additions.
- Construct structures and accessories such as greenhouses and benches.
- Graft plants.
- Negotiate contracts such as those for land leases or tree purchases.
- Education background in Agriculture/Horticulture
- At least 6 years Working Experience in a Farm that not more than 100 Acres
If you feel you fit the above role, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject to email@example.com