Reporting to: Chairman
Job Profile / Purpose: Responsible for providing overall strategic direction of human resources operations in the institution.
This includes development and interpretation of institution HR strategies, plans and policies, providing consultation and advice on HR issues and concerns.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Organisational Structure, Policy development / interpretation
- Consult with leadership on developing organizational structure that enhances effectiveness and reduces administrative costs;
- Review of current HR policies and develop suitable strategies, plans and policies that will assist the institution achieve its mission;
- Advise internal clients on classification needs and staffing requirements with a broad understanding of both short- and long-term goals of the institution.
- Consult with managers and supervisors on writing and developing job descriptions to meet staffing needs;
- Collaborate with department heads on manpower planning/needs;
- Oversee staff hiring and appointments;
- Provide support and oversight of employee background and credential checking and assure employee on-boarding activities are conducted in a timely manner.
- Maintain the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Support promotion procedures
- Counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes
- Consult with senior managers and develop and implement appropriate performance management practices;
- Assist in addressing performance problems in accordance with applicable procedures.
- Structure competitive benefits packages;
- Execute regular benchmarking of employee salaries and benefits to input into organizational design and budget process;
- Assure that key benefits and payroll information is appropriately disseminated within the work unit when requested
- Develop, plan, and draft human resources policies, procedures, and best practices manual for the organization;
- Maintain historical human resource records by ensuring an appropriate digital filing and retrieval system is in place.
- Ensure recruitment, compensation, and grievance policies are compliant with local, international and corporate requirements and all statutory provisions and best practice;
- Disseminate corporate standards to all employees through on-boarding and regular training programs;
- Ensure that the organizations’ policy safeguards Intellectual Property, trade and business secrets and Confidential Information.
- Provide leadership on employee relations issues and concerns;
- Partner closely with senior management to address specific complaints and concerns;
- Oversee and manage employee separations/terminations and coordinate applicable employee exit (off-boarding) activities;
- Ensure separations are conducted in compliance with all applicable local, national and corporate and statutory requirements.
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in relevant field is required. A Masters degree will be an added advantage;
- Minimum of Eight (8) years professional-level human resources experience in a setting of similar scope and complexity;
- The successful candidate must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, sound business judgment, tact and diplomacy and the ability to interact with diverse personnel
- High emotional intelligence and excellent interpersonal skills;
- Relevant experience in the areas of: Hiring, Human Resources Management, Benefits Administration, Performance Management, Communication Processes, Compensation and Wage Structure, Classifying Employees, Employment Law, Laws Against Sexual Harassment, Organizational Behavior