The ideal candidate for the role will be someone with high integrity, a team player, who has the ability to motivate team members. The applicant must have a disciplined and flexible approach towards their work.
Scale and scope of the role
- Coordinate the design, establishment and implementation of the Academy Centre’s Management System, including its four fundamental pillars of Business Planning and Delivery, Visual Controls, Tiered Accountability and Decision-Making, and Standard and Disciplined Ways of Working, and provide day to day coordination of the related systems, processes and tools required, including ensuring the smooth operation of the Academy’s management reporting system and maintaining global dashboards.
- Lead on global knowledge management activities, including promoting inter-office information exchange, and creating and maintaining a repository of all key Academy documents, including governance papers and contracts.
- Ensure that the GAO’s office space and IT systems are fit-for-purpose and administer the GAO Office Manual.
- Act as nominated budget manager for the GAO Premises-related costs budget and oversee the processing of GAO expenditure, ensuring all invoices and expenses are processed for the team.
- Ensure the GAO has a robust process for travel authorisation, booking, tracking staff movements, welcoming and accommodating overseas visitors, and retaining up to date and accurate information relating to team travel.
- Support GAO colleagues on recruitment and on-boarding of Global Academy Office employees, secondees and other human resources, and coordinate the management of employee-related data as the Academy’s nominated Super User in respect of the Save the Children HR Information System.
- Lead on servicing the Board of Trustees and Finance, Audit and Risk Committee and any other Board meetings), including organising meetings and minute taking where required.
- Administer the organisational risk register to ensure business risk management activities, including assessment and mitigation, are captured and included in work plans and clearly communicated.
- Assist the Company Secretary to ensure that the Trustee and Advisory Group records are accurate and up-to-date, statutory filings are made and UK compliance obligations are met.
- Act as a project manager for short-term Academy projects allocated by the Senior Leadership Team, with a particular focus on effectiveness or efficiency-related projects.
- Maintaining the calendar plan for scheduling meetings.
- Acting as a liaison between the external or internal executives, managers and consultants in coordinating meetings.
- Assisting clients, partners and executives in presentations and summarizing reports and documents.
- Managing and prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Oversee all logistical requirements to support programs of the Africa office including coordination of travel arrangements.
- Acting as a representative of the Regional Director in meetings, seminars and conferences as may from time to time be delegated.
- Delegating the responsibilities of the Regional Director as per the instructions given
- Making calls on behalf of the Regional Director
- Keeping track of the daily schedule of the Regional Director and planning their meetings accordingly
- Handling visitors and giving them appropriate information before and after meetings
- Keeping track on all key documents and spreadsheets for Project Management that the office work with
- Oversee office compliance with legal and administrative requirements including regular liaison with auditors and legal advisors.
- Set up and review office systems and procedures
- Oversee Africa office’s adherence to DI administrative and financial policies.
- Oversee the purchase and maintenance of office equipments
- Perform other duties as necessary and required.
- Regular liaison with the UK Office, providing updates on progress and activities.
- Provide support to staff to enable delivery on the work plan.
- Conduct 1:1 meetings, supervise and support temporary office staff.
- Provide support on recruitment for the Africa hub.
- Develop and manage contact database for the Africa hub.
- Handling official finances, including expenditures, for the Director.
- Manage programme budgets for Africa hub.
- Hold regular meetings with the programme leader/co-ordinators to review performance against budget and cash-flow.
- Attending monthly finance meetings with the Regional Director to update on programme performance against budget.
- Handle monthly payroll, supplier invoices, sales invoices and compensation and benefits activities where necessary.
- Prepare expense reports, record and reconcile all payments and receipts.
- Prepare requests for funds/claims for submission to the UK office
- Experience of working in an office environment undertaking complex and varied administrative duties.
- Experience of budget management and processing of expenditure from a variety of sources.
- Outstanding organisation skills, with a proven ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Experience of recruiting and on boarding staff.
- Experience of organising or helping to organise events and/or travel arrangements.
- Proven ability to manage small scale projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Computer literate and confident using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Understanding of commitment to humanitarian work, including capacity building and prepardness
- Competence in a second language.
- A confident communicator, able to interact successfully with people at all levels.
- Ability to maintain high attention to detail in pressurised environments.
- Flexible approach to working and ability to respond at short notice.
- Ability to work on own initiative with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Forward thinking; excellent planning and time management skills.
- Naturally collaborative.
- Integrity and digression; able to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
Child Safeguarding: Level 1 – this post may have limited access to children or to sensitive data on children, however, this access will be infrequent. A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) standard check or equivalent overseas police check will be obtained for employees at this level
How to Apply
To apply for these positions visit the SCI Kenya Website: https://kenya.savethechildren.net/jobs.