Job Title: SIMS Administrative Officer
IBTCI is contracted with USAID to conduct monitoring and evaluation for USAID funded activities in Kenya and East Africa. In anticipation of conducting USAID’s Site Improvement through Monitoring System (SIMS), IBTCI is looking an Administrative Officer to assist in the implementation of this estimated 20-month activity.
SIMS goal is to increase the impact of PEPFAR programs on the HIV epidemic through standardized monitoring of the quality of PEPFAR support at the site level (e.g. health facility; ward, district, etc.).
Position Summary: The SIMS Administrative Officer will be responsible for overseeing the offices administrative and support services and activities and will play an integral role in the logistical coordination, schedule management, and ensuring equipment needs in day-to day operations.
Location: Coast, Northern Arid Lands, Nyanza Western and Rift Valley. Please specify your current region of residence.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the SIMS project;
- Contribute to efficient planning and time management of the team members visiting sites;
- Ensure optimal support to travel, mobility and connectivity of the Monitors;
- Implement procedures relating to travel and security;
- Maintain accounting and finance records in accordance with USAID regulations and ensure project expenditures are within established budget parameters;
- Petty cash management;
- Managing and maintaining office equipment;
- Organize, document and archive relevant documentation, keep files complete and up to date and maintain quality and accessibility of archive and files, conform to administrative and filing procedures
- Play an integral role in logistical coordination and schedule management;
- Supervise and manage the Driver;
- Participate in regular meetings with IBTCI-ESPS staff as needed;
- Performs other related duties as required;
Required skills / Experience / Education
- Must have a minimum of a Diploma in Business Administration or related field.
- Must have at least three years’ progressive experience working in Kenya and/or other developing country contexts.
- Demonstrate technical and management expertise in the field of public health.
- Previous administration experience with USAID activities in Kenya;
- Excellent verbal and written skills as well good organizational and team skills;
- Experience working with the MoH and private health facilities desirable;
- Experience with Ms Office packages, QuickBooks desirable;
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Please include your current place of residence.
All applications including a current CV, telephone number and 3 professional referees (current or previous supervisors with their telephone numbers and Email addresses) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 18/1/2016.
Kindly indicate in the subject line the position you’re applying for.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.