Job Title: Procurement Officer
Job Grade: 6
Location: Head Office
Job Summary: Reporting to the Head of Finance, the Procurement Officer will be responsible for implementing procurement strategies, policies and procedures in line with the Public Procurement and Disposal Act, 2005 and other related Regulations
- Develop and implement procurement strategies, policies and procedures in line with the Public Procurement and Disposal Act, 2005 and other related Regulations
- Prepare the annual procurement plans for the Sacco in liaison with other departmental heads
- Ensuring that the register of suppliers is updated annually
- Coordinating the internal monitoring and evaluation of the supply chain function
- Performing the duties of Secretary to Tender and Disposal Committee or as may be directed by the Chief Executive Officer
- Management of procurement records in accordance with the provisions of Public Procurement and Disposal Act, 2005
- Conducting periodic inventory and management
Education and Knowledge
- An undergraduate degree in business, procurement, purchasing and supplies, commerce, economics or related field.
- Graduate Diploma from the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies (CIPS) or its equivalent.
- Membership to the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) or any other relevant professional body
- Should have at least three (3) years’ experience gained in a reputable organizations; and
- Thorough knowledge of Public Procurement Regulations
- Good communication and reporting skills;
- Good Analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ethical and integrity
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and multi task
Applicants must indicate their current and expected monthly pay package
Qualified applicants to apply enclosing copies of CV, certificates and other relevant testimonials to:
Chief Executive Officer
Imarika Sacco Ltd.
Closing Date: 30th January, 2016
IMARIKA Sacco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.