Our client in the industrial chemicals industry is looking to hire a Chief Chemist.
The Chief Chemist will specifically be responsible for conducting qualitative and quantitative chemical analysis in laboratories for quality or process control and developing new products or knowledge.
The Chief Chemist will be responsible for the following:-
- Overseeing quality control of products and trouble-shooting in the Production Department;
- Evaluating of alternate / new raw materials, competitor’s products and reformulate existing products with improved cost / performance characteristics;
- Participating in setting and controlling of budgetary requirements;
- Researching and developing new and existing products;
- Driving and maintaining of the laboratory aspects of the PCP process;
- Implementing and controlling of housekeeping and safety standards in accordance with current legislation and company requirements in the laboratory;
- Maintaining of the database for the production bill of materials and laboratory programmes;
- Training and developing of laboratory staff;
- Ensuring all mixtures and solutions are in line with corporate standards;
- Ensuring test results and processes are documented correctly;
- Monitoring product quality to ensure compliance with standards and specifications;
- Providing and maintaining a safe work environment;
- Maintaining clean and sterilize laboratory equipment; and
- Liaising with the Marketing and Production departments.
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications:-
- A national diploma in Analytical Chemistry;
- A bachelor of Science degree in Operations/Quality/Chemistry, a masters degree will be an added advantage;
- A minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in a laboratory with 5 years’ senior management experience in Industrial chemicals field dealing with Cementitious systems and Epoxy Resins;
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office suite;
- Must be familiar with laboratory instrumentation;
- Must possess excellent communication skills;
- Should be a self-starter;
- Must have good people skills;
- Must be organized and attentive to details;
- Accuracy in their numerical abilities
- Must be willing and flexible to work overtime when required; and
- Must have a valid passport for overseas travel when required.
How to Apply
If you qualify for this position based on the criteria listed above, please send your cv and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only qualified candidates shall be contacted