The International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is a British charity that supports the safety of aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts.
INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
INSO – Kenya is looking to recruit an experience and qualified Country Administration Manager.
Summary of the role: The role of the Country Administration Manager will be to oversee and regulate the financial, administrative and logistical functioning of INSO Kenya.
S/he will ensure compliance with relevant mandatory controls arising from Donors, Government of Kenya (GOK) and INSO.
As a senior post, the Administration Manager will report directly to the INSO Kenya Country Director and will be subject to training and supervision by INSO Finance Manager.
S/he will supervise One Country Administration Manager Assistant, One Receptionist, One Office Caretaker, two Drivers, and One Field Office Administrator.
The post is based in Nairobi, with travel to the provinces, and is offered on a one-year contract basis.
- Lead and oversee daily accounting and financial management procedures including booking of expenses to QUICKBOOKS PRO 2015 maintenance of cashbooks; production and management supporting documents in accordance with relevant procedures; implementation and monitoring of internal controls; cash management, payroll management and FY audit files.
- Production of periodic financial and asset reporting as required under INSO, Donor or GOK policy
- Ensure the application of INSO, Donor and GOK requirements in the recruitment, training, employment, management and discipline/termination of all INSO employees
- Ensure the application of all INSO, Donor or GOK requirements in relation to procurement processes, asset and stock management and disposal.
- Bachelor Degree in either Business Administration or accounting,
- 5+ years’ work experience with an NGO
- Staff management and security experience
- Knowledge of administrative and logistical processes
- Experience in liaising with other organisations and government officials
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Kiswahili
- Computer literate, with good report writing and budget/financial management skills
Should you consider that you meet the requirements stated, in the first instance send your current CV, no longer than two (2) pages and letter of interest stating how you meet the requirements to email@example.com with INSO – Kenya Administration Manager in the subject line not later than the 08th of February 2016.