Our client, a leading brokerage Insurance firm offering insurance broking, risk management, medical scheme administration, medical fund management, life & pensions administration, general insurance and employee benefits consulting services to medium and large Organizations seeks to recruit individuals of exceptional integrity, competence and skill for the following position:-
Underwriter – General
Reporting to Head of Operations, the successful candidate will be responsible for identifying acceptable insurance risks and determining acceptance terms.
- Management of assigned accounts, assessment and selection of profitable risks and building a profitable portfolio of accounts.
- Appraising insurance proposals to determine insurance premiums through assessment of background information and possible risks.
- Visiting insurance companies and potential customers for risk assessment to facilitate preparation of quotations.
- Setting competitive premiums and preparation of quotations in liaison with insurance companies and risk surveyors.
- Negotiating terms with policy holders and insurance companies and drawing up contracts and necessary documentation for record and audit purposes.
- Drawing policies and specifying conditions to be imposed on different types of policies.
- Financial analysis of prospective clients.
- Keeping detailed records of policies underwritten and decisions made.
- A degree/diploma holder.
- Minimum two years’ experience in underwriting.
- Certificate of Proficiency (COP)/Diploma in Insurance.
- Computer literate with a good knowledge of insurance software.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-driven/mature individual with rational decision making capabilities.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria may send their applications enclosing a detailed Curriculum Vitae and covering letter explaining why you are most suited for the position applied. MUST include names, telephone contacts and email addresses of three referees.
Attractive package offered.
e-mail your application to email@example.com by 10th Jan 2016