International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Employee Type: Regular
Employee Category: Full Time
Description: Part of the IRC’s programming is implemented through local partners, in particular WPE and health programming. Initial support will be provided by a Partnership Officer to strengthen their organizational and programmatic capacities.
The Partnership Officer will be 100% dedicated to the IRC programme to initiate and oversee all interactions and support to the local partner identified to work with IRC Somalia.
S/he will be responsible for the documentation and monitoring all aspects of the partnership.
The Partnership Officer shall:
1. Partnership Process Management
- Provide management oversight to all capacity assessment processes for the local partner identified, ensuring that a strong baseline for improvement is established.
- Working in collaboration with the Grants and Fundraising and Program Coordinators to establish detailed capacity building plans for partner to strengthen organizational and technical capacity.
- Monitor partners’ progress adapting the plans against targets and indicators that have been decided upon by the IRC and partner organization.
2. Partner Performance and Accountability Management
- Work in collaboration with IRC Finance to verify, streamline, deploy and manage appropriate sub-grant agreements and Memorandum of Understanding with program partner.
- Review partners’ liquidations of advances prior to submission to finance
- Ensure partners are compliant to IRC and donors requirements
- Provide structured corrective support to the partner while evolving capacity building plans to reflect where additional focus is required.
- Support internal and external audit activities of partners as appropriate
- Drafting of all appropriate partnership forms and contracts in conjunction with the Somalia country program.
- Management of all the partnership plans including setting realistic partnership expectations with targets and indicators.
- Coordination of all partnership activities and partnership development in line with the approved plan.
- Work closely with IRC staff in programs to ensure activities are complimentary and coordinated.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with relevant stakeholders.
4. Training and capacity building
- Provide ongoing supervision, leadership, training and technical support and guidance on programming to partner ensuring engagement with clients adheres to best-practice principles when working with survivors.
- Support trainings and mentoring for partner staff.
- Hold regular meetings with partner and IRC staff to discuss issues, problems, accomplishments, and assist in finding solutions to problems identified.
5. Monitoring and support
- Ensure continuous monitoring and evaluation so that activities are appropriate and based on a clear understanding of the problems, causes, contributing factors, and issues in individual settings.
- Monitor the timely submission of accurate financial and activity reporting where appropriate within sub-grantee agreements with IRC.
6. Reporting and payments
- Conduct and oversee regular partner monitoring visits to ensure that partners operate in compliance with IRC and donor sub-grantee regulations.
- Ensure partners provide timely reports.
- Prepare reports, and document lessons learned.
Key Working Relationships: The Partnership Officer reports to the Grants and Fundraising Coordinator
- BA/BSc in Social Work, Psychology, Development, or a related field
- Previous experience in project management in an emergency setting
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, training and facilitation skills
- Experience in training, participatory techniques and community mobilization
- Able to coordinate multiple tasks while maintaining attention to quality and detail
- Strong knowledge of computer applications, including MS Word and Excel
- Good coordination and networking skills
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills and flexibility
- Ability to live in a high security environment
- Fluency in English, including writing clear and concise reports
- Excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of and fluency in Somali.
- Experience working with a local partner on emergency programming
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.