Job Purpose / Objective: Reporting to the Supply Chain Officer you are required to provide all necessary Supply chain supports to the field project activities in Kakuma field office and proceed with maximum efficiency while adhering to IRC’s Supply chain procedures.
The Supply Chain Assistant will work under the supervision of the Supply Chain Officer and should be a strong team member who can assist in the continued development of the Chain team and contribute to the further effective running of IRC activities in Kakuma.
- Manage all staff employed in the warehouse and asset section supporting operations for Kakuma Program by assigning of duties through Delegation, monitoring the performance and regularly evaluating staff directly supervised by him /her.
- Responsible, in conjunction with the supply chain Officer for planning, organizing and developing the long term strategy and approach of IRC Logistics
- Ensure there is an adequate and neatly organized filling system for waybills, inventory records and other logistical records.
- To ensure all Supply Chain activities are carried out to a satisfactory standard.
- To ensure that the necessary supply chain and organization is effected for all projects.
- Where necessary, to manage, or support, the development and proper functioning of any project office deemed necessary to support the program
- To assess potential projects as requested by supply chain manager.
- To familiarize yourself with the IRC supply chain Manual and comply with the policies outlined in the IRC supply chain Manual.
- To complete required reports and submit a monthly supply chain reports to supply chain manager.
- Ensure that all the ware houses are well maintained.
- Ensure that updating stock records is done on a daily basis both on the prolongs and stock cards
- Ensure that all stores procedures are followed by all staff.
- Ensure that there is Controlled access to all IRC stores and ensure that stores premises are secure
- Ensure that the filing system for stores is well maintained.
- Ensure that an efficient storage and inventory system is maintained.
- Review monthly stock reports.
- Ensure that an update office, residence, and stores inventory is done on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that all supply chain Policies and Procedures are followed and adhered to in all transactions.
- Carry out periodic trainings reviews with all supply chain staff
- Ensure that an update asset register is maintained on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that an updated assets inventory sheets and Prologs are well maintained
- Ensure that all IRC assets and equipment are well maintained
- Ensure that all assets that allocated to individuals are signed off equipment issue form
- Ensure that all IRC premises are well maintained
- Ensure that the movement of IRC assets is tracked and the necessary documentation is done when an asset changes its status.
- Ensure that an up to date filing system for all assets maintained.
- Review all monthly asset reports.
- Recommend assets for disposal and ensure that the necessary paper work is prepared.
To ensure that staff operate in a safe and secure working environment.
- To ensure that all new staff within the warehouse and asset are briefed on warehouse safety & security procedures.
- To ensure that the IRC premises are secure at all times and a list of designated key holders is maintained and reviewed.
- To ensure that there is a Fire Safety Plan in place and that quarterly fire drills are carried out.
- To ensure that there are fully stocked First Aid Kits available in all IRC Vehicles, Offices, Warehouses and Guesthouses, at all times.
- To ensure regular security check with the field sites or as requested by supply chain manager.
- To attend meetings when requested by the supply chain Officer.
- To maintain confidentiality.
- To continually strive to improve working methods, practices and working relationships within IRC.
- To promote an atmosphere of co-operation and team spirit among IRC staff.
- To carry out all duties responsibly and act in a professional manner at all times.
In the absence of the procurement officer you are required to submit:
- Monthly & weekly Procurement report
- Monthly & weekly PR tracking and performance card
- Commitments report to Finance
- Any other procurement reports required by supply chain manager or direct Supervisor.
- Warehouse Monthly report
- Inventory Report
- Any other Warehouse reports required by supply chain manager or direct supervisor
- Assets inventory report
- Assets Monthly Report
- Disposal plans
- Any other Assets reports required by supply chain manager or direct supervisor
- Diploma in Logistics or supply chain management or any another relevant field
- Thorough method of working with ability to work under pressure to pursue multiple tasks simultaneously to successful conclusions;
- Management ability to lead, motivate and develop staff;
- Positive attitude with good sense of humor;
- Committed team player;
- Ability to live and work in a fairly isolated area and in conditions of limited comfort;
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel);
- At least TWO year’s experience working as a logistician;
- The following experience will all be advantageous: previous NGO work, work in Africa, experience in repairing / maintaining vehicles, communications (Codan HF, VHF).
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply.
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.
In the event that you receive any request for payment of any sort,
please get in touch with us on Tel: +(254-020) 2727730, Email:
IRCKenya@rescue.org or report to the nearest police.