Authority created under an Act of Parliament No.35 of 2011, which
provides for civilian oversight over the work of the police.
Reports to Head Inspections and Monitoring a work under the guidance of a senior monitoring officer.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Monitoring detention facilities under the Control of the service;
- Monitoring policing operations affecting members of the public;
- Preparing timely and accurate monitoring reports;
- Providing rapid response action during eventualities;
- Any other administrative and operational duties as assigned by the Director of Inspections and monitoring from time to time.
- Must be a citizen of Kenya.
- Meets the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Law, Public Administration, Criminology & Criminal Justice, Sociology, Political Science, Human Rights, Social Sciences, recognized military or police degree or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution; and
- Excellent knowledge of relevant computer applications.
- A candidate must be a person of integrity, demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player;
- Demonstrate high ethical standards;
All applicants MUST attach clearance from the following bodies:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB); and
- Certificate of Good Conduct
How to Apply:
persons who meet the above criteria are invited to send their
applications by submitting duly completed IPOA job application Form (CLICK HERE to download), updated CV, academic certificates and testimonials.
Canvassing and incomplete applications may lead to automatic disqualification.
in a sealed envelope with the job reference number clearly marked
should be received by the undersigned on or before Friday 5th February,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Chief Executive Officer
Independent Policing Oversight Authority
P.O Box 23035-00100
is an equal opportunity employer and shall not in its recruitment
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, ethnic origin,
political affiliation, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital
status, disability, health or social status.