The centre wishes to engage a competent candidate on a short term contractual basis in the following position:
Post Title: Curriculum Designer
Job Purpose: This position is located in Peace and Security Research Department (PSRD), IPSTC. Reporting directly to Head of Curriculum Design PSRD, the successful candidate will conduct research, produce papers and design and develop training curriculum related to the tactical, operational and strategic levels of training and education at IPSTC.
- Establish a cross-functional team to collaborate on the development of the learning course utilizing the principles of adult learning and instructional design
- Manage the development of the learning curricula and delivery mechanism. The delivery mechanism includes the training systems and tools, teaching methodologies and support material.
- Supervise and assist in directing the work of subject matter experts and resource trainers and ensure compliance with curriculum standards and best practices.
- Coordinate the initial testing of the course
- Establish a methodology/framework for measuring the effectiveness of the training, including methods for skills assessment and any recommendations for longitudinal tracking.
- Contributing to conflict alert systems, policy briefings and research relevant to emerging regional and global peace and security issues, especially in the Eastern Africa region.
- Organizing and/or participating in relevant conferences, meetings, symposiums, colloquiums and workshops.
- Professionalism: Knowledge of adult learning principles and communication styles. Knowledge of instructional design methodologies. Knowledge of training measurement and assessment/evaluation techniques. Has in-depth knowledge of Peace Support Operations. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments and shows persistence when faced with difficulties or challenges.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals. Solicits input and is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda and accept joint responsibility for team’s shortcomings.
- Planning& Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies and adjust priorities accordingly and is efficient and effective in allocating time to achieve assigned tasks. Has strong multitasking abilities and ability to manage multiple deadlines. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning.
- Respect for Diversity: Works effectively with people from all backgrounds, shows respect for and understanding of diverse points of view and examines own biases and behaviours to avoid stereotypical response. Treats men and women equally with dignity and respect and does not discriminate against any individual or group.
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and communication styles.
- Knowledge of instructional design methodologies.
- Knowledge of training measurement and assessment/evaluation techniques.
- Has in-depth knowledge of Peace Support Operations.
- Knowledge of integrating gender in design and implementation of learning methodologies
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments and shows persistence when faced with difficulties or challenges.
- Education: Master’s Degree in Peace, Conflict and Security Studies or other related, International Studies/Relations gender and development or other related social science discipline is required.
- Work Experience: At least 5 years of experience in a development field, peace, conflict, gender and security (preferably in the areas of conflict prevention, conflict management and post conflict peace building) of which 3 or more years of experience in curricula development in the following activities is required, on-line course design and deployment, and design and implementation of blended learning systems, in either public or private sector international organizations.
- Experience working with a learning management system highly desirable. Extensive hands-on experience and knowledge of learning systems. Experience in managing the development and deployment of training courses and systems desirable.
- Experience working in the field of gender peace and security.
International Peace Support Training Centre
Westwood Park, Karen
P O Box 24232 – 00502
Or emailed to: email@example.com
Deadline for submitting applications is 15th February 2016.