Reporting to: Production Head
Job Purpose: The purpose of this position is to ensure the efficient operation of the Irrigation Dept and to ensure that field Irrigation and Fertigation are carried out in respect to the Irrigation / Fertigation plans
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure Proper Application of water and fertilizers on the crops or fields in accordance to the Irrigation / Fertigation plan.
- Ensure Proper Application of drench chemicals in the field.
- Requesting, Collecting and mixing the Fertigation fertilizers and drench chemicals
- The Fertigation room should be kept clean at all times.
- It is your duty to take good care of the provided PPE and report any damages that may expose you to hazards in the work place.
- responsibility to work in a manner as instructed by the production
- Responsibility in ensuring the irrigation system: both the fertigation and the overhead are working properly.
- Ensuring responsibility in protecting the company property.
- Ensure use of prescribed and provided protective clothing in the right way.
- You have a duty to observe and practice all aspects of health and safety at the work place both for your safety and other workers safety.
- Make sure crops are supplied with required EC’S.
- Being in charge of Irrigation Labour.
- carrying out daily people planning, duty allocation and supervision in the irrigation section
- implementation of irrigation and fertigation programmes
- training employees on their tasks and ensuring compliance with health and safety policy
- ensuring all pumps are in good working condition for proper water delivery
- taking water and medium samples for analysis as per program and needs
- ensuring that all the fertilizers are mixed in the fertigation tanks as per the programs given
- ensuring that all the irrigation and drip lines are in the right working order and arranging for repairs where there are defects
- Undertaking periodic audits of the whole irrigation infrastructure to ensure that it is working efficiently.
- Well maintained irrigation system. Low cost on Irrigation Repairs.
- Achievement of set production targets.
- Less frequent replacement of PPE due to misuse,
- Well hydrated flowers
- Diploma in Water technology or any other related course.
- Minimum of 4years experience in Irrigation
- Experience in Flower Industry is an added advantage.
- Certificate of good conduct
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
We are an equal opportunity employer.