CAP Youth Empowerment Institute Kenya, is supported by MasterCard Foundation, was established to provide Basic Employability Skills Training (BEST) for disadvantaged youth in the society with particular focus on women to get equitable, qualitative learning and access to promising labour market oriented opportunities, savings and credit that support their pathways to safe and positive futures.
The key purpose of the organization is to assist 10,000 disadvantaged youth to make informed choices, develop labour-market oriented employability skills and access job placements, savings and enterprise development support.
- Conduct trainings at the learning centers to equip learners with IT knowledge and skills.
- Conduct trainings at the learning centers while taking into consideration the contexts and profiles of the learners. This may involve being flexible and adaptable to environments which may necessitate adjusting delivery styles.
- Support learners during trainings
- Maintain and observe quality standards in content delivery.
- Ensure weekly work log is completed to include information on whether learning objectives were met and document the successes and challenges experienced.
- Participate in a training of trainers and share training needs with the senior trainer and eLearning Content Developer.
- Maintain an up to date record of students.
- Ensure students on internship fill their logbooks.
- Ensure students maintain highest levels of discipline at all times.
- Collect information pertaining to trainings including seeking and compiling feedback from learners on trainings, for course improvement.
- Document training activities through photographs for reporting purposes
- Any other duties as may be assigned
- BA in a ICT related field
- Knowledge and experience of computers and computer packages.
- Knowledge of soft skills required for workplace readiness.
- Have an understanding of eLearning techniques. Participation in an online or blended program would be an added advantage.
- Experience in teaching/ training, experience teaching/training in underprivileged communities would be an added advantage
- Knowledge of the Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) industry and job tracks within the industry
- Good presentation and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Good facilitation skills
- Time management skills
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili is essential
Cover letter should be pasted on the body of the email and not as an attachment.
Applicants are required to quote their current and expected salary on the cover letter.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.