Jumia is the largest online retail store in Africa with over 100,000 unique visitors a day, buying everything from Fashion to Phones.
Jumia is part of Africa Internet Group, a leading global incubator of startups specialised in e-commerce.
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment.
- Assist in coming up with a supplier sourcing (hunting) plan
- Shortlisting, pre-qualifying and prioritizing key suppliers
- Analyzing consumer buying patterns thus knowing which suppliers to focus on.
- Meeting suppliers and negotiating terms of contract
- Maintaining relationships with existing suppliers and sourcing new suppliers
- Attending trade fairs/events to source merchandize (phones/electronics/ sports gear/ etc)
- Seeking feedback from customers regarding merchandize sourced
- Degree / Diploma in Business / Procurement / Purchasing & Supply
- You have a minimum of 1 years’ experience in purchasing / dealing with suppliers/ sourcing
- Very good IT skills
- You are fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Flexible, professional and pro-active, aggressive and a go getter (hustler).
- A unique education in scaling new internet concepts
- Become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
If You want to join some of the fastest growing companies in the world, please send your resume to the following addresses, by specifying the position on the e-mail subject, firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the journey!