- At least 10 years relevant work experience
- At least 8 years’ experience in a senior aviation managerial position.
- Knowledge of ICAO Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs)
- Knowledge of Kenya Civil Aviation Act, 2013 and all its Kenya Civil Aviation Regulations (KCARs)
- Demonstrate high standards of professional competence and administrative ability for direction, management and control of Aviation Safety & Security Standards and Regulations as a regulator or air operator.
- Proven leadership qualities, integrity, transparency and accountability
- A broad Air transport background of 15 years or more.
- A relevant Bachelor Degree from a recognized university
- A Master’s degree from a recognized university or its equivalent.
- Air Transport Pilot License (ATPL) with ratings for large commercial aircraft types in-group 1 and with not less than 5000 hours flying experience.
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineers License in category “A” and “C, “X” and “R” ratings in large commercial aircraft and with not less than 10 years’ experience.
- Advanced professional qualification in Flight Safety or Airworthiness including aircraft type rating courses is an added advantage
- A Flight Safety or Airworthiness Auditor for ICAO or other recognized authority qualification is an added advantage.
- QMS or SMS Course from a recognized authority will be an added advantage.
Interested and qualified candidates for the job vacancies should submit their hardcopy applications quoting the Job Reference on the envelope and application letter, copies of certificates, testimonials, a copy of the National I/D Card and a detailed CV indicating current day time telephone and full contact details of three professional referees to the address below to be received not later than 29th January 2016.
Those who had applied for Director, ASSR position earlier are encouraged to reapply.
Female and persons with disabilities are also encouraged to apply.
Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is an equal opportunity employer.
The Director General
Kenya Civil Aviation Authority
KAA Complex – JKIA
P. O. Box 30163 – 00100
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.