regulatory oversight, air navigation services and aviation training in
- Prepares and implements the department’s operational plan and budget to achieve targets in line with the KCAA’s strategic plan.
- Develops and proposes policies, standards, regulations and legislation to ensure that the regulatory framework of the KCAA is aligned and compliant with ICAO annexes and recommended practices, as well as other regional and international conventions of which Kenya is a member State
- Approval of aviation certificates as appropriate.
- Works with the legal services to propose / draft appropriate legislations and regulations relevant.
- Works closely with Internal Audit and Quality Management department to ensure good governance and practices in the department and effective implementation of inspection, surveillance and licensing processes.
- Works closely with human resources department to plan man-power requirements in the department.
- Reviews and approves inspection guidance material, manuals and procedures.
- Advises and guides management and the Industry on the interpretation and application of aviation safety standards and regulations.
- Provides job descriptions and assigns duties to all staff in the department.
- Conducts regular performance reviews of staff in the department to determine training and development needs and ensure the highest standards of performance and conduct are being adhered to.
- Works closely with other departments as may be necessary
- Reviews and approves reports and recommendations / rejections for certifications and licenses.
- Coordinates as necessary with the SSP Coordinator and implements State Safety Programme pertaining to ANS and aerodromes
- Coordinates and liaises with other departments as may be necessary.
- Enforces the relevant Civil Aviation Regulations and recommends appropriate actions.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned by Director Aviation Safety and Security Regulation.
- A relevant Bachelor Degree from a recognized university;
- A relevant Master’s Degree in a related field from a recognized university;
- Commercial Pilot’s License (CPL), Air Traffic Controllers License or an Aircraft Maintenance Engineers License (AMEL);
- Advanced training in personnel licensing and Safety Oversight Managers course would be an added advantage;
- Training in Management or Leadership is an added advantage;
- Five years (5) experience at a senior level in the aviation industry;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player and with strong leadership skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Be analytical, innovative and strategic thinker
and qualified candidates for the job vacancies should submit their
hardcopy applications quoting the Job Reference on the envelope and
application letter, copies of certificates, testimonials, a copy of the
National I/D Card and a detailed CV indicating current day time
telephone and full contact details of three professional referees to the
address below to be received not later than 29th January 2016.
Those who had applied for Director, ASSR position earlier are encouraged to reapply.
Female and persons with disabilities are also encouraged to apply.
Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is an equal opportunity employer.
The Director General
Kenya Civil Aviation Authority
KAA Complex – JKIA
P. O. Box 30163 – 00100
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.